flat tummys

Options
i would like to know if there are any mothers who has been successful in obtaining a flat tummy after having two or more children. height and size doesn't really matter, i was just wondering and if there are how or what type of exercise did you do?

Replies

• RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this too! I've had 3 kids very close (born in 2007, 2008, & 2009!) and I have the bulge :frown:
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I don't think my tummy will ever be "flat." Mine has improved greatly just by getting the extra pounds off here (exercise, logging), and my muscles are fairly tight underneath, but I have some saggy skin that will never go away. I figure it's my reminder of becoming a mom, and nothing to be ashamed of. I'm in much better shape now than when I was in high school, and I didn't have a flat tummy then, either.
  • babycoconut249
    babycoconut249 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't had any kids, and I still have an the annoying kangaroo pouch (lower ab flab) despite the rest of my body tightening up. I would love to see responses.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    mine has gone down, as well as the rest of my body weight, but i dont think it will ever be totally flat :cry: LoL just keep working out, and it will shrink
  • butterflimom
    Options
    I am right there with you. I would love to know the answer to your question. Especially after having a c-section with one child and swelling up with preeclampysia with the other. My tummy is BAD and embarrassing.
  • TinaDay1114
    Options
    P.S. I think it also depends on your pregnancies, and genetics. I am short-waisted and had large boys, so my abdominal wall is split (and I have hernias in one of the spaces). I may be able to tighten more, but I don't think I will ever have "washboard" abs.

But hey, if someone can prove me wrong, go for it! I'd love to know the secret. :flowerforyou:
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't had any kids, and I still have an the annoying kangaroo pouch (lower ab flab) despite the rest of my body tightening up. I would love to see responses.

Same here! :/
  • just may be impossiable:( without a tummy tuck.....ive fairly active...i weighed 220, and im now 145 and i have 2 children....and ive been doing core exercises and running 45 mins a day........no way it looks yucky i kno i have the pouch sagging and theres no way to get rid of it.....SUCKS
  • rsqsquad05
    Options
    My tummy is hardly flat but I am working on it. I felt the same as you that it would NEVER happen. But I am starting to see improvement and now I'm motivated and think hey, this might actually work! I have been using P90X (as cliche as that sounds) and really working hard at it. I dont follow their nutrution guidlines I just watch my calories on MFP. I had 2 kids 13 months apart and my "baby" just turned 5! Im 28 years old. My first was natural and my second C-section so hopefully a lot of different women can relate. Here is my before and after 30 days of P90X! I am excited to see what 90 days will look like!

Picnikcollage3-1.jpg

Picnikcollage2-1.jpg
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies...I still have the tummy issues too. 2 c-sections ...grrrrrrrrr. BUT My friend (who I love to hate right now) Has had 4 kids...1 a c-section...She started to run about 2 years ago and doesn't have an onuce of fat on her...it is possible. She is my hero. because of her I'm down 46 pounds..She lost 45 but she is 5 inches taller than me....dang!!!!
  • rsqsquad05
    Options
    I forgot to mention I also had surgery in 2008 for an umbilical hernia. Thats why my belly button is so...weird lol. and I do still have loose skin and some pooch left. I still think it is possible though!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yes, my tummy is flat. BUT I don't store a lot of fat there. I have gotten down to relatively low body fat (I have no idea what percentage). Right now pretty much all remaining fat is in my thighs. I think it's all about fat lose while maintaining muscle, which in general is down with exercise that includes strength training, a small calorie deficit, and a good amount of protein (1g for every lean pound).
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    P.S. I think it also depends on your pregnancies, and genetics. I am short-waisted and had large boys, so my abdominal wall is split (and I have hernias in one of the spaces). I may be able to tighten more, but I don't think I will ever have "washboard" abs.

But hey, if someone can prove me wrong, go for it! I'd love to know the secret. :flowerforyou:

I'm also short waisted and had large babies. Genetically i'll never have a flat washboard belly, i'll settle for how i looked 40lbs ago:)
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    mine is getting tons better actual believe when I get to my goal size it will be either very close to or will be flat as I`m starting to see definition in abbs now :) so yes I believe its possible

DD #1 was premie at 5 pounds 4oz
    DD#2 full term at 8pounds 9oz

both 100% natural births (no rips or cuts and no meds)
  • TinaDay1114
    Options
    I forgot to mention I also had surgery in 2008 for an umbilical hernia. Thats why my belly button is so...weird lol. and I do still have loose skin and some pooch left. I still think it is possible though!

I have an umbilical hernia, too, and have been putting off having it repaired. I'd love to hear how your experience was -- can you message me?
  • TinaDay1114
    Options
    I'm also short waisted and had large babies. Genetically i'll never have a flat washboard belly, i'll settle for how i looked 40lbs ago:)

Yeah, me too! I'm getting close to goal weight, and I'm just pretty happy that my belly no longer hangs over my waistband. I'll settle for that! :happy: