Emergency🚨Low calories dinner

Options
Dammmmnnnn😱😱😱😱, who would have known that pancakes could have such high calories,😭😭😭😭what do i eat for dinner? Someone please help me😭😭

Replies

• poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I usually save at least 1/3 of my calories for dinner... but looking at your pancake, WOW, that's a killer calorie load! I'd suggest lightening it up if you really enjoy having pancakes for dinner. Try using liquid eggs to get rid of a bit of that fat, maybe try substituting applesauce for most of the oil... or just find yourself a nice, lower calorie recipe. I enjoy a good pancake or waffle, actually just got myself a new waffle iron, but my waffles come in at around 250 calories each, and one waffle does it for me. You don't have to give up the foods you love, often you can find ingredient substitutes that will lower the calories in your favorite foods, so don't despair... and add in your dinner at the start of the day, so you'll know what you have to work with the rest of the day. ;)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Jassaph wrote: »
    Dammmmnnnn😱😱😱😱, who would have known that pancakes could have such high calories,😭😭😭😭what do i eat for dinner? Someone please help me😭😭

did you use an entry already in the database or did you build your own? that seems really high potentially depending on what was in it
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you have left?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

did you use an entry already in the database or did you build your own? that seems really high potentially depending on what was in it

Yes, 1093 calories seems really high. When I want pancakes, I have them for dinner, and one giant, filling (home made from scratch) pancake is 349 calories. I can't imagine eating triple that.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Next time, check out Kodiak Cakes, or Trader Joe's high protein pancakes are good too.

But as with most foods...it's the AMOUNT that matters. A serving of pancakes is small compared to, say, your local diner.

• kenyonhaff
    Options
    Good, quick, easy low-calorie dinner choices:

Soup (most of them) and salad (watch that dressing)
    Supermarket rotissarie chicken, side of veggie, soup
    Tilapia (or really most fish), 2 portion controlled sides like veggies.
  • kenyonhaff
    Options

I looked up this item in the database and saw no listing for 1,000+ calories per serving. I'm not sure if this is an error (it happens), a glitch, or something. Sometimes it's smart to check 2-3 other similar items if it's questionable.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I could easily put away a 1000 calorie serving of pancakes with butter/syrup/toppings included. Especially with some bacon on the side (practically required). Is that so unusual?

OP, my advice is similar to the rest. Eat a sensible dinner with plenty of protein and veggies, plus enough carbs and fat to keep you from feeling ravenous and binging at 11pm (or all day tomorrow). If you go over your goal a little, all is not lost. What is your weight loss per week goal set to? Remember, that daily calorie goal has a deficit built in, so you probably have enough wiggle room to eat dinner and still remain in at or under maintenance.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    IHOP nutrition snippet for perspective (no sides included):
    qeos2jd46vqt.jpg
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I looked up this item in the database and saw no listing for 1,000+ calories per serving. I'm not sure if this is an error (it happens), a glitch, or something. Sometimes it's smart to check 2-3 other similar items if it's questionable.

I don't think I've ever eaten just one pancake (not that it isn't possible, I've just never wanted to limit myself to one) and I've never had an undressed pancake. Between those two factors (and someone newer to calorie counting who doesn't yet have a good sense for how quickly some foods can add up), I think it's very plausible for someone to eat 1,000+ calories of pancakes and toppings at one time.

(Although I think it's also great advice to double-check entries).
  • pinuplove
    Options
    Also, I see your daily calorie allowance is set to 1300. That's pretty low. Not knowing your stats, this is a pure guess but I'd be willing to bet your maintenance isn't less than 1800, and probably more.
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    how about an Omelet Bar with veggie choices: peppers, onions, cherry tomato, mushroom. 15g of shredded cheedar and if you need meat, turkey bacon or turkey sausage?
  • Jassaph
    Jassaph Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you have left?

Like 200+ calories. I don't add the calories burned from exercises. But if am to add it, i would have like 900+ calories remaining