Hello everyone :) UK girl wanting to lose some weight!

Options
:smile: Hi everyone! I hope everyone is well :) My name is Sophie, I'm 22, and from Manchester, UK. I currently weigh 14 stones 11lbs, and my weight has slowly crept up over the last 6 months. My highest weight was 18 stones, and I lost around 5 1/2 stone almost two years ago, and my lowest weight was 12 stone 6lb. There have been a lot of different things that have happened over this time, but I was so happy at 12 stone 6lb and I'd love to get to that weight again.
My weaknesses are pizza and fizzy drinks (typical!) and I'm also a vegetarian, so if anyone has any tips or advice/wants to make friends that'd be really cool :)

I love alternative music, fashion, gigs, and films.

Hopefully at some point I'll be able to write a longer blog post explaining more.

Nice to meet you all!

Sophie:heart:

Replies

• Carrie95128
    Options
    Pizza is one of my weaknesses too! Welcome to MFP!
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    Hi Sophie :) I'm 22 myself (soon 23) and I live in Ireland.... =) Weight has slowly crept over me too...my highest was almost 13.5 stone (same as my 6 feet boyfriend!!! Which was scary!!)...now I weigh 9 stone ish ...got a few more to lose though. Would love to help you out if you need anything!! :) Take care and all the best on your journey!!! :) Hope its a good one!!
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Hi Sophie, welcome to MFP. Its a great place and best of all free! Create your goals and log everything:happy:
  • lottywood
    lottywood Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I am new to this as well. I'm 23 and i weigh 9st 1lb. I have been dieting since last Thursday and found out about this website yesterday and am enjoying keeping track of all my foods/excercise.

I decided to do a weekly weigh in with a friend at work (naomirog - she is on here too) and have lost 2lb which has given me motivation to work harder.

I joined a bootcamp along with naomirog which we will be attending 3 times a week so hopefully that will help to shed more lbs.

Hopefully speak to some more people soon, as i feel this really helps.

Lottywood. :)
  • madamchoochoo
    madamchoochoo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Sophie,
    I'm from the UK too... :smile: I've been on here for about 10 day, i think its great! Feel free to add me - i'm billy no mates at the mo
    jules
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi Sophie

I joined in april at just over 14 stone and am not 11.7!

You can do this!

Add me if you want :) x
  • maclynn62
    Options
    hello, good luck, you can do it
  • EmmaShorter
    Options
    Hi.

I am new to this as well. I'm 23 and i weigh 9st 1lb.
    Hi, can i ask how tall you are? As 9 stone is my goal weight and it is tiny on me. Are you sure you need to lose weight?

Hi sophie, I am also from the UK. I am from London originally. I have just under 3 stone to lose. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Elmaunie
    Elmaunie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello :) Welcome!

I'm starting off at just over 14 too. I've lost about 1.3 stones over the last year or so but it's going a bit too slowly for my liking! So now I'm on a mission to get down to 10.5-11 stone again.

Have sent a friend request :)
  • nikkionamission
    Options
    Hi! I'm from the UK too :-)

I've been on here since February but need some extra pals for a new boost I think! I've currently lost 3 stone (yay!) but have about another 3 or so to go!

Anyone feel free to add me too :flowerforyou:
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Heey!
    Welcome to MFP, its a great community and is very supportive. Its helped me come down from near 14 stones!
    I'm 22 from the south coast of England. I also love pizza and fizzy drinks, but I have had to cut back on them in order to shift these pounds. Feel free to add me for support.
  • Tracey_Tee
    Tracey_Tee Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi All ! I am also from the UK .... I joined the site just over 4 weeks ago and I have lost 9lb so far ! I love it ! Please feel free to add me :drinker:
  • winniss
    winniss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    From Barbados, just started on this site, welcome!
  • lp0007
    lp0007 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am a pizza eating, fizzy drink loving vegetarian! Welcome!! :happy:
  • centi87
    Options
    Hey, I'm 23 and from the UK. Welcome to MFP!

I absolutely love pizza and fizzy drinks! Having an Italian heritage naturally means I love anything with carbs lol. The way I found to get around the pizza thing was to eat other foods or to cut down on the pizza itself. For example, instead of deep pan, I'd go for a thin crust. Instead of pepperoni (I know you don't eat meat), I'd put vegetables or have it plain. The change in base was pretty good as it already meant I'd cut out 200 calories (depending on the pizza). Without meat or toppings was another 1-200 (depending on what it was). If I only ate half the pizza, well I had half the calories lol.

I also try and drink lots of water before I eat then I wait 30 minutes after eating to have water again. Drinking during your meals makes you bloat and fill up quicker which is why I tend not to drink gulps of water, but have very few sips (it's hard, but you get used to it and it does make a difference).

I'd say it's mainly to do with portion control and what kind of pizza you have and how often. I still eat pizza and pasta and have fizzy drinks, but I substitute things and eat less of it. Hope that helps! :)
  • ChelsieMG
    ChelsieMG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love pizza I can't get enough of it :)
    If you are looking for some healthy vegetarian recipes check out dailygarnish.com. Her recipes are awesome!