Almost 2 months no weight loss

Options
I have been on a cut and no weight loss has happened

I have gradually increased cardio and decreased food.

Weight training has been good with personal bests in the gym.

No weight loss which is frustrating.

I have lost inches.
Weight 102.6 kg
Waist 36
Hip 43
Chest 42
Thigh 29
Arm 15

Today I am
Weight 103 kg
Waist 33.4
Hip 42
Thigh 26
Chest 41
Arm 15

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options

I have lost inches.
    Weight 102.6 kg
    Waist 36
    Hip 43
    Chest 42
    Thigh 29
    Arm 15

Today I am
    Weight 103 kg
    Waist 33.4
    Hip 42
    Thigh 26
    Chest 41
    Arm 15

It sounds like you have found your maintenance calorie range, and you are more or less in recomp mode vs a cut. This isn't a bad thing if you are happy with the progress in size changes, but if you want to drop weight more than likely you will need to cut calories more. Usually a couple of months data is enough to show up any temporary stalls.

Reasons? Somewhere logging is off, either on the intake or calorie burn side. Sometimes the exercise estimates are tricky, but if you keep using the data you accumulate you can often adjust and figure out where the logging errors are.

• AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

I have lost inches.
    Weight 102.6 kg
    Waist 36
    Hip 43
    Chest 42
    Thigh 29
    Arm 15

Today I am
    Weight 103 kg
    Waist 33.4
    Hip 42
    Thigh 26
    Chest 41
    Arm 15

It sounds like you have found your maintenance calorie range, and you are more or less in recomp mode vs a cut. This isn't a bad thing if you are happy with the progress in size changes, but if you want to drop weight more than likely you will need to cut calories more. Usually a couple of months data is enough to show up any temporary stalls.

Reasons? Somewhere logging is off, either on the intake or calorie burn side. Sometimes the exercise estimates are tricky, but if you keep using the data you accumulate you can often adjust and figure out where the logging errors are.

I am thinking of changing my cardio equipment from treadmill to cross trainer and stepper.

I find the treadmill I am holding on to the machine maybe that is causing my weight to not lose
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    The types of machines shouldn't matter much, unless you are using the calorie burn estimates and they are inflated. This varies a lot with different machine types, if you can program your weight, and other such variables.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Based on your measurements, you are losing fat and gaining muscle. I would count that as a huge win! You are moving closer to your goal.