Keeping active with a packed schedule

Options
I work multiple jobs. Part time at an office, a realtor, a potter, homeschool my son, and drive my daughter to her activities 5 nights per week 1 hour each way from home)
What do you do to keep active when sitting in an office or in the car?

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I take a ten min walk in the morning at work, and take another ten min walk in the afternoon.
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Bless you, you got a full plate!

This past fall I was working from 6:30 am to 5 pm, and coaching my sons football team from 5:30 to 8:00 pm. The only thing I could do is wake up at 3:45 and get my workout in at that time.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Can you workout while your daughter is at activities? Walk, run, gym or park nearby?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There are desk exercises you can do during short 5-10 min breaks. These won't dramatically change your fitness if you are already reasonably fit, but will help keep you mobile and flexible.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    I used to walk/run during my lunch break. Otherwise the only way I can get time in is get up early in the morning. 5:30 - 6am to get my workout done in the morning
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Depends what your daughter's activities are but are there opportunities for using that time for more than just watching?
    Go for a walk or get involved yourself?
    When my son did rugby I decided not to be one of those parents that just watch from the sidelines but get involved. Became a rugby coach and ran around with the kids instead of just watching the kids run around.

In an office environment I ensured I built in as much movement as possible into my day: always using stairs, getting up to speak to people instead of emailing, walking between offices, eating at my desk to free up lunch breaks for exercise, built walking and cycling into my commute..... Made a significant difference to my activity level and also fitness level. I also used the gym in the very late evening as sometimes that was the only way to fit it in (many people use the gym very early in the day for the same reason).
  • TrueGrit732
    TrueGrit732 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a hectic schedule as well, plus a long commute that eats up a bunch of time. I try to workout between 5:30-6am but that's easier said than done. On days I can't get up early I'm working out after 9.

At work I try to walk around to the different offices I manage but sometimes I just stroll around campus.
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I wait near my car for 30 mins for my kids swimming lessons every Tuesday. I keep dumbbells in my car and do a quick workout in the parking lot. Another parent saw me one day and started to join me. It gets tough sometimes in the cold and when it is raining pretty hard, but that just adds to the challenge. It hasn’t snowed yet, but I look forward to the challenge!