Fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    ladyAyee wrote: »
    Ladies it’s me again 😂😂 have any of you herd of hair loss do to fasting?? Missing out on the essentials our bodies need I get it, but really hair loss??

Hair loss due to undereating is definitely a thing. The way hair life cycle works, it generally doesn't happen immediately afterwards though - hair loss yesterday is not likely to be caused by fasting two days ago.

A stressor from a few months back, for example, undereating, is a more likely cause.

That said, my time of the month is very hard on me and I do seem to lose more hair a few days into my period.
  • ladyAyee
    ladyAyee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you again friends, i use to view fasting as a punishment, but after reading your response the good the bad I look at it completely different know. The hair loss comment came from my neighbor she told me she fasted and for 45 days and 3 month later her hair was falling out due to the fast.
    Again
    Thank you
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Thank you again friends, i use to view fasting as a punishment, but after reading your response the good the bad I look at it completely different know. The hair loss comment came from my neighbor she told me she fasted and for 45 days and 3 month later her hair was falling out due to the fast.
    Again
    Thank you

Yep, that would, unsurprisingly, result in hair loss.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Again
    Thank you

That's one of the problems with under-eating - the negative effects may not show up for a while, in your friend's case, 3 months.
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Again
    Thank you

That's one of the problems with under-eating - the negative effects may not show up for a while, in your friend's case, 3 months.

Or just perhaps, twelve weeks later, the hair loss was completely unrelated.