Outwit the Chubby~ ☆SKINNYS☆~Sept Tribal Challenge (clos

Options
Here is our official page for the Sept Tribal Challenge - Outwit the Chubby (aka Team Skinny!)

Lets KILL September tribal style, just like we kicked the crap out of August!

The scoring is as follows. I hope this is simple. If you have questions I’ll answer them for you.

1 point for each pound lost per team member
1 point for each team member who does their daily exercise challenge (1 point per member)
1 point for the other weekly challenges (water intake, staying under calories etc.) Each week
different challenge per member
(you will put 1 in the excel spreadsheet)
BONUS POINTS
o Daily Exercise – If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 days
Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points
o Weekly Challenges – if every team member log the weekly challenge as doing it for all 6
days Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points

Replies

• Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    How can we enter this challenge. I would like to join
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    How can we enter this challenge. I would like to join

Contact Gary6030 to get on a team. He's heading the whole thing up. I believe he is looking for a few more people for one of his teams.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Woohoo! We can do this :)
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    It's nice to be back...missed you guys and I'm so ready to

Kick the Crap out of September!!!
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    ok Skinny's (I just can't bear to call you all Chubby's now...)

Sept Challenge Info:

THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! I will post the youtube videos tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 7 - Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe. Release your potential and it will take you further than you imagined.

ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

I know you guys are all pro's, but here's Gary's simple explanation of what to do!
    You choose which exercise path you want to do for the day or week. Pygmy or BUSHMEN. Pygmy is more basic and low impact where BUSHMEN is the opposite. I would suggest trying something new! You do the exercises for the day. If there is a weekly goal meet that goal. Once a week you send your team captain an update saying I did all the dailies or I did 5 of them whatever is the case. Then send them your weight on Sunday. That's it. We compute the % of weight loss and your points for each day's exercise and add it together for a total team score. If all of your team completes the daily and weekly challenges you earn bonus points for the team. That's all there is to it really. I hope that helps!
  • tagrady
    Options
    ok, after copying and pasting that info...I just read it! HOLY &*^&%^ Batman!!!! we have our work cut out for us!!!!
  • u2fergus
    Options
    ok, after copying and pasting that info...I just read it! HOLY &*^&%^ Batman!!!! we have our work cut out for us!!!!

You're not kidding, Tracy!!!

With that in mind, I have a question about the globe jumps. He wants us to do 50 globe jumps in a row AFTER doing all that other stuff. I wonder if I might be counting my globe jumps wrong right now, because if I'm not, then Gary has completely lost his mind. Does each "station" in the globe jump count as 1 jump, or does 1 set of 4 "stations" count as one? I've been counting it as 1 set of 4 stations equals 1 globe jump. Somebody PLEASE tell me that 50 globe jumps isn't 200 jumps in a row after all that other stuff.
  • tagrady
    Options

With that in mind, I have a question about the globe jumps. He wants us to do 50 globe jumps in a row AFTER doing all that other stuff. I wonder if I might be counting my globe jumps wrong right now, because if I'm not, then Gary has completely lost his mind. Does each "station" in the globe jump count as 1 jump, or does 1 set of 4 "stations" count as one? I've been counting it as 1 set of 4 stations equals 1 globe jump. Somebody PLEASE tell me that 50 globe jumps isn't 200 jumps in a row after all that other stuff.

I've been under the same assumption as you, that 1 set of 4 stations = 1 globe jump! I better email Gary!!

Also, if anyone wants the skinny circle logo I have, email me and i'll email you the .jpg :smile:
  • u2fergus
    Options

I've been under the same assumption as you, that 1 set of 4 stations = 1 globe jump! I better email Gary!!

Also, if anyone wants the skinny circle logo I have, email me and i'll email you the .jpg :smile:

For anyone else reading this, Tracy left a message on my wall that Gary said a full globe rotation actually counts as 4 jumps, not 1! Yayyy!!! Some good news for next month! :)
  • szczepj
    Options
    Oh good. Cause that would have been SO many! With school and now that I'm doing research I'm about to be busy all the time!
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Haha I've been doing 4 points = 1! Oh well. I'm sure I'll live.

August is closed and I'm so ready for September.
  • tagrady
    Options
    U2fergus~ Thanks for updating that for me. For some reason I could post on people's walls from my phone, but not get to the forum ...grrr.

I believe for this challenge we will be doing a google doc spreadsheet where we all log on & update ourselves. Gary changed it up a bit. So as soon as I get more info i'll post it!

Gary also modified the excercises to give us a day of rest!!! YEA!!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!

Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

I will post the videos this evening! Release your potential and it will take you further than you imagined.

ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • szczepj
    Options
    Let's do it.
    I think I'm not going to add the exercises to my exercise 'journal' unless I can more accurately count them.. idk.
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Well, I celebrated my rest day by doing the Slim in Six workout and now I'm kinda sore. Can't let those muscles get flabby before we get to the September challenge! Besides that, I still am not at all happy with my after pics, so I felt driven to tone, tone, tone some more. :grumble:
  • tagrady
    Options
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh a new month! :bigsmile:

I've got our spreadsheet all done (didn't get a new one from Gary yet, so I just converted our old one.) I'm not going to upload ours to google docs like he suggested, because we already have the current system down. Why fix what isn't broken and make it more confusing?

I got after August pics from U2fergus, but not from Kcgslp or szczepj who had also sent me before pics. I'm supposed to create a slideshow to send to Gary, but I can post just for us if we want. My computer apparently is telling me not to do the slideshow right now and has frozen 3x, so I'm leaving this for another day. IF you guys even want this at all.

Our biggest looser last month was........ Szcsepj with :love: 11.5 lbs:love: and 6%! GREAT JOB JESSICA:flowerforyou: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a whole group, we lost :love: 89.2 lbs:love: !!!!!! which is incredible!

Please use this forum for posting from now on. I'm off to do the squatkicks next to my desk!!!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options

For anyone else reading this, Tracy left a message on my wall that Gary said a full globe rotation actually counts as 4 jumps, not 1! Yayyy!!! Some good news for next month! :)

Yay! That means I did WAY more than required last month. That means 50 should be easy! Woo Hoo!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    :::: jumps in thread ::::

and by jumps in thread, I mean jumps....! gimme 50 jumping jacks...now! :bigsmile:
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    I got after August pics from U2fergus, but not from Kcgslp or szczepj who had also sent me before pics. I'm supposed to create a slideshow to send to Gary, but I can post just for us if we want. My computer apparently is telling me not to do the slideshow right now and has frozen 3x, so I'm leaving this for another day. IF you guys even want this at all.

Our biggest looser last month was........ Szcsepj with :love: 11.5 lbs:love: and 6%! GREAT JOB JESSICA:flowerforyou: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a whole group, we lost :love: 89.2 lbs:love: !!!!!! which is incredible!

Tracy, I'll send you a pic today or tomorrow.

Szcsepj : 11.5lbs & 6% is STELLAR!!!!! Congratulations!

And to all the SKINNYs 89.2lbs in a month is fantastic!!! YOU GUYS are AWESOME!!!!!
  • u2fergus
    Options

and by jumps in thread, I mean jumps....! gimme 50 jumping jacks...now! :bigsmile:

Well, all right, if you insist. Share, I just stood up next to my desk and gave you 50 jumping jacks and 10 pushups. Just because I can. :tongue:
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Well, all right, if you insist. Share, I just stood up next to my desk and gave you 50 jumping jacks and 10 pushups. Just because I can. :tongue:

::bows down to the queen:: :flowerforyou: