Life's Tiny Disappointments

Options
KosmosKitten
KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
Yep. No major ones, just oddly specific tiny disappointments you encounter.

Ex. When you go to open an avocado that looks nice and realize half (or more) of it is mushy and/or bad. :(

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    MFP glitches :/
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Oh geez, we've been having loads of those lately.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I’m also a tiny bit disappointed that I don’t have any of the promised badges yet :p

pxcxy91ppy2t.jpeg
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Stepping in a hairball. Thank you. Thank you so much, cat. (sigh)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I've been trying to add a recipe for a vegetarian lasagna I just made and two of the ingredients are incorrect in the database so I added new, correct ones TWICE so I can pull them into the recipe and they don't show up in searches. Aarggghhh.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I've been trying to add a recipe for a vegetarian lasagna I just made and two of the ingredients are incorrect in the database so I added new, correct ones TWICE so I can pull them into the recipe and they don't show up in searches. Aarggghhh.

Off topic, but I kinda want this recipe now? Can you share it?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Off topic, but I kinda want this recipe now? Can you share it?

https://theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/feb/06/polenta-recipe-ideas-batch-cooking-get-ahead-kitchen-coooperative

It's the third recipe down, the polenta lasagna. I had some cooked polenta I wanted to use up, regular lasagna noodles would work just as well.

I didn't bother with the porcini mushrooms and I added Yves veggie Italian ground round to the tomato sauce to bump up the protein value. I also threw in some extra Italian seasoning and some oregano. I didn't make the bechamel sauce, I used a packaged sauce mix.

I might use less fresh spinach next time, it made it a little wet when it was still warm, although it seemed to dry out more when it cooled.

edit: and it was really good!! (just no idea of calorie count or protein value)
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Life's Tiny Disappointments

90gsr8jbvx70.jpg

😣
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i bought two loafs of bread from wal mart just to get home and see there going bad. i can't take it back because it's half hour drive to get there..
  • Pupnuzz
    Pupnuzz Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Spilling milk 🥺
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Waking up 5 minutes before my alarm goes off. I suddenly feel robbed of five of the best damn minutes of sleep ever!

20 minutes is even worse.

at five minutes, I just stay up

however at 20 minutes.... do I catch a few more minutes of sleep ??
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    I have 200 calories left and I would hate to see those calories not get eaten.
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Pupnuzz wrote: »
    Spilling milk 🥺

When my milk falls out of the back of my SUV and shatters all over the drive way. All because I didn’t back in when I brought my groceries home. I also know better and should have caught it by slowly lifting the gate. 😢
  • 100gramsaday
    100gramsaday Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Pineapples that seem fine but are too ripe.
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    That red light the car in front of me stopped at way to early. . . We could've made it buddy, push on through.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    jf1o9qd6r8u3.jpeg

yesterday i tried to drill an anchor in drywall and kept messing up because on the edge of wood or something

today i put like five more holes in wall and then gave up

You need a stud finder.