What are your 2020 fitness goals?

13»

Replies

• Darkpheonix30
    Darkpheonix30 Posts: 7 Member
    I really want to be able to do a push up. I accomplished weight loss in 2019, not its primarily strength training for 2020.
  • SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 172 Member
    I'm hoping to complete my first (only ?) Half Ironman in June.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    I'm hoping to complete my first (only ?) Half Ironman in June.

fixed it for you. ;)
  • SwtHedgehog
    Thanks; I had put only? Because I feel there are other adventures out there to pursue/explore ;-)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Thanks; I had put only? Because I feel there are other adventures out there to pursue/explore ;-)

Of course! just thinking that HIM racing tends to be fairly addictive.
  • SwtHedgehog
    Yes, I have heard that. :-)
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    135 bench
    Lean enough to finally do pull ups
    Keep my back healthy so I can grow my squat and dead back up.

And, why not add in to get my average watts per spin class to over 250...this one may be a stretch.
  • adi983
    adi983 Posts: 6 Member
    My goal is to get to my target weight and do a lot of jogging this year and do a mile with out stopping.
    And also eat better this year.
  • tellypooh
    tellypooh Posts: 5 Member
    Try to maintain a steady workout schedule. Ideally 30 minutes every day. I do better if I do it first thing in the morning before work.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    1) Endurance: run a 10K (doesn’t need to be a race, I just want enough endurance to do it)
    2) Mobility: reach hands behind my back in this position (It’s used in mobility testing, and I’m nowhere near passing)
    https://img.ilcdn.fi/KA0XsyYjcyFmoveKVrO8KiOu7no=/full-fit-in/612x/img-s3.ilcdn.fi/38aaff3541335967dd1a20e95aa8d64e4995c83160b98924866792bba7a02ea3.jpgfee7ao30ox1v.jpeg
    3) Strength: I’ll set some goals with my trainer this week.

My husband recently expressed interest and motivation in fitness, and I asked him if he had any concrete goal. His goal ”to become the kind of person that feels bad when he has to miss a workout” really resonated. I want exercise and activity to beome an ingrained habit that feels odd to skip.
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    To not die
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    Oh, and to bench 250. This is number 1.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    200 lb deadlift (i think my 1rm is about 170)
    Climb the rope at my gym
  • clynds
    clynds Posts: 41 Member
    Self care in the form of getting physio and massage to finally correct some issues with my Achilles and low back.

Another Spartan sprint (so fun)

Hoping to get myself in shape for the 2-day Ride to Conquer Cancer.

Get my running back up to 10k+ without foot pain.

Get back in the pool

And stretching daily!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    kbk1335 wrote: »
    My main goals are to hopefully reach my goal weight, and start weight training.

I want to get back to where I was in 2017/18. 2019 was kinda *kitten* fitness wise due to a few injuries and some laziness on my part. I fractured my knee cap last February and everything just went downhill from there as recovery from that takes awhile but I milked it a bit.

As lifting goes, start now...you shouldn't wait until you lose weight to start lifting.
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    My specific and planned out goals for 2020 are to
    - Be able to do a muscle-up
    - Be able to get chest to floor doing a pancake stretch
    - Get a minute hold doing a handstand or be able to a press handstand

My vague goals are to get to a decent level of performance at Ballet and on the Lyra.

My even vaguer goal is to drop 10kg but I am not that focused on that one - it is in the nice byproduct catergory
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Okay, this is silly, but I have been playing a fitness game (Ring Fit Adventure) and I really really want to have enough muscle endurance and control to play it on the highest difficulty. This is much harder to achieve than I expected.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    This.

https://blackdragonchallenge.com/

Endurance version. 30 miles, over 7,000 ft of ascent, 10 hours. In the unpredictable April weather. What could possibly go wrong.
  • Biggiwig69
    Biggiwig69 Posts: 38 Member
    More weight training and less cardio. Also keeping up my plant based diet.