I need abs!

Hey all, In brief I’ve completed a personal training nvq, researcher hours of nutrition ( which is still confusing ) I think we all know calorie deficit, intermittent fasting and tracking macros is the way forward which is complicated at times. I work full time in building maintenance and struggle to keep up with the next best way to melt body fat. Overtime I have lost a serious amount of weight after each pregnancy by starvation and exercise. Pleased to say I am wiser now!
The best way to lose weight and detox for me is using one of these methods which all require willpower.
Intermittent fasting
Juicing ( watch super juice me )
Clean 9 programme
Using this app along side it helps massively.
I started intermittent fasting last week to reduce the Christmas belly pouch and today I am starting the clean 9’programme and tracking everything on this app.
My plan is to see my abs by May!
✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
Any additional info would be helpful and if I can help please contact me
Good luck everyone

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    I too am hoping to see abs by summer. It mostly seems to come down to body fat % so I just keep working to lower it while maintaining the muscle mass I do have. Seems to be no easy task!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    IMO, I think you are overcomplicating it. Energy deficit, training and sleep. Be consistent and IMO, stay away from the extremes. That said, whatever gets you going...
  • pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    The truth is you just need to make healthy food choices and train with purpose and intensity. If you do this you can't mess it up. All the other stuff is just a distraction.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I find this to be a great thread to sum things up
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Keep in mind for many females, seeing definition especially well defined abs can be very difficult and has a lot to do with muscle base and genetics. If you get down to goal and still aren't happy, you may need to build muscle to help your abs pop.

Also you mention intermittent fasting being the "way forward" .. while IF can help you get/stay in a deficit, it is in no way necessary for fat loss.