Paleo Recipes

Options
bkshucks
bkshucks Posts: 1 Member
Hello!
I thought I’d create this discussion for people who eat paleo to share recipes, ideas, questions.. anything really!

I am just starting back up with my paleo diet, I always find it difficult at first to actually REACH the amount of calories I am supposed to be eating in the day. I am always under. I work in a restaurant so my time to cook and meal times are all over the place.

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    The 'paleo' diet fell by the wayside around here several years ago, so you may not get many (any) responses. Google, Pinterest etc are likely to be more fruitful.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    The 'paleo' diet fell by the wayside around here several years ago, so you may not get many (any) responses. Google, Pinterest etc are likely to be more fruitful.

So the Paleo diet is now so old in the digital era account of these things, it now requires digital archeology to uncover? I wonder if eventually we'll reach the era where people tell false, romanticised narratives of what Paleo Dieters of the 20th/21st century ate....
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

So the Paleo diet is now so old in the digital era account of these things, it now requires digital archeology to uncover? I wonder if eventually we'll reach the era where people tell false, romanticised narratives of what Paleo Dieters of the 20th/21st century ate....

We'll just have to hope that there are still archaeologists in the future to set them straight ;)
  • mcmart11
    mcmart11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Here is a soup recipe that is great to keep you warm during the winter months. This falls into many fad/restrictive diet categories like Paleo, Keto, Whole30, Low Carb, Dairy-Free and probably Gluten-Free too.

This soup is mine and my BF go to soup when we are feeling under the weather.
    As a side note I add way more garlic and oregano than what it calls for. I measure that *kitten* with my heart.
    We also wait about 10 minutes after adding in the apple cider vinegar to serve the soup to allow the ACV to fully mix in.

ewltoec2xa4p.jpg
    03zo2bppscew.jpg
    ol86uij41788.jpg

Personal opinion: 5/5 stars. Delicious!
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    bkshucks wrote: »
    Hello!
    I thought I’d create this discussion for people who eat paleo to share recipes, ideas, questions.. anything really!

I am just starting back up with my paleo diet, I always find it difficult at first to actually REACH the amount of calories I am supposed to be eating in the day. I am always under. I work in a restaurant so my time to cook and meal times are all over the place.

Paleo slowly died and became Keto. Search for keto recipes.

Paleo and keto are not the same thing, and paleo most certainly did not 'become' keto. It just lost popularity.

Explain the difference... if they are not the same thing.
    Keto just replaced good for you carbs from veggies with fat.

Paleo centers around eating natural foods.
    It literally gets its name from eating things that our ancestors would have been able to find during the Paleolithic period. Beef needs to be grass fed, as well as any dairy products, because corn and grain is not a natural part of the human diet. Most true paleo diets do not include any dairy. No potatoes, grains, beans, or legumes, but sweet potatoes are okay. No hydrogenated oils, added sugars, or added salts.
    Keto is just low carb. Paleo is mimicking the diet of cavemen.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    No one owns the term Paleo and today's Paleo is mostly imaginary thinking. Eating grassfed beef and all of those Paleo meat bars along with the pristine clean foods. If you only knew what people were actually eating not so long ago it would blow the socks right off your feet. Paleo peoples lived in harsh climates with brutally long winters. The rivers and lakes were frozen and there was so little to eat. The half has not been told. It wasn't so long ago, 400 years is just a drop in bucket on the timeline of Paleo peoples. I'm glad Paleo is going by the way of the dodo along with all of those other variations on a theme.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    I'm not talking about the frozen tundra or the North Pole or the Inuits. I'm talking modern day notions of Paleo. It can mean absolutely anything to anyone. The sky is not the limit and it never was. Mostly, it means clean eating with pristine clean foods. Oooo, there could be dairy with kefir and fermented foods, kombucha, date and egg white paleo bars, nut pods and coconut oil. Omega 3 enriched eggs and poultry. Lamb, pork, turkey, chicken and beef. Lots of trendy sauces to spread all around on your layers of greens with pristine clean meats and foods. Bowls of pristine perfection.

Most people think of Paleo as the Thanksgiving Dinner with the Pilgrims and a lorra lorra imaginary thinking.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    @bkshucks If you work in a restaurant strive to eat all of your calories. Can't they make you some Grab N Go bites while you're on the run. I would think that's the least they could do for you while you're working so hard.
    I don't know what kinds of foods they're cooking but there should be something there you can have. Otherwise, you're going to have to do your food prep, cook your own meals and bring a lunchbox with your own bites to eat while you're on the run. There's all kinds of paleo cookbooks out there. Google is your friend and you'll find all kinds of sites with paleo recipes. Paleo is a deeply felt set of principles or not. It can be fun or food rules, regulations with a bunch of food group elimination. It's what you make of it and I wish you well out there in the restaurant. Don't work too hard now and take time for yourself to grab a bite.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    I'm not talking about the frozen tundra or the North Pole or the Inuits. I'm talking modern day notions of Paleo. It can mean absolutely anything to anyone. The sky is not the limit and it never was. Mostly, it means clean eating with pristine clean foods. Oooo, there could be dairy with kefir and fermented foods, kombucha, date and egg white paleo bars, nut pods and coconut oil. Omega 3 enriched eggs and poultry. Lamb, pork, turkey, chicken and beef. Lots of trendy sauces to spread all around on your layers of greens with pristine clean meats and foods. Bowls of pristine perfection.

Most people think of Paleo as the Thanksgiving Dinner with the Pilgrims and a lorra lorra imaginary thinking.

I was responding to this from your post: Paleo peoples lived in harsh climates with brutally long winters. The rivers and lakes were frozen and there was so little to eat.

Which is flat out wrong. Don't worry, it's a common misconception. I was merely trying to correct misinformation.