Cheat Day?

Just wondering what everyone’s opinions are on cheat days?

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Personally, I’m not a believer in ‘cheat’ days/meals etc.

Who or what are you cheating? The only answer to this is yourself!

Mostly though, the very idea of cheating suggests that you’re doing something that you need relief from. For me, that’s not a helpful mindset.

I’m perfectly fine sticking to what I know works and reinforcing habits that will support maintenance when I get there. If there’s a food I really want, I make it fit into my calories. If it’s too hard to fit I find it easy enough to decide it’s probably not worth it!

• saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    One day by two weeks is not a problem... if you are doing it right on the other 13 days. Very convenient on social happenings.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I have treats but not cheats, whatever that means.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    I don't do any "cheat days." But, it does help me to know that while it takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound, it also takes a surplus of 3500 calories to gain a pound.
  • 100gramsaday
    100gramsaday Posts: 49 Member
    Personally, I've come to realize in my own life that a day cheating on your diet, equals a cheat lifestyle.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    As was alluded to above, the ideal situation would be to have a diet you don't feel the need to "cheat" on, and a rate of loss that doesn't require excessive deprivation on a daily basis. If you choose to have a day or more relaxed eating, just do the math and make sure you are still OK with the progress it yields for the week.
  • gremloBBPT
    gremloBBPT Posts: 51 Member
    edited January 2020
    Just gotta make sure that the additional calories don't wipe out your week's deficit.

Edit: Sry, I should've read the thread first, as several people already said the same thing. :)
  • JMoody28
    JMoody28 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for all the input everyone! :)
  • bighoopattitude
    bighoopattitude Posts: 37 Member
    Doritos are my vice. I’m trying to allow myself one bag per month instead of my usual bag per week. (Don’t judge me, lol.) anyway I’m looking forward to it! It’s helping me cut back without making me feel like I’m giving too much up. My next bag is January 25! Wooot. Chips are legit the only food I get excited about.