Motivated and Determined

Options
I have started doing meal planning for a whole month at a time and I find this really helps. I'm not getting bored with my meals and I'm finally cooking recipes that I would come across and save for later but that later would never come. It also makes grocery shopping a lot easier too.

I also did a vision board and I keep a journal of what I do for exercise and if I eat right that day. I put a star on the day if I do.

I am also reading a daily devotional on weight loss too.

What are things that you do to help you stay focused and motivated?

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I'm staying motivated by being able to zip up my bottom tiered skinny jeans today. I've been trying them on since January 2nd every day..two days ago there was no way I could zip them or get the buttoned.

I always keep a pair of jeans or a dress that's too small hanging on my mirror is I can try it on at least a few times a week. It works in keeping my motivated..if my clothes fit..that matters more than the pounds on the scale.
  • MsSweetCheeks1975
    MsSweetCheeks1975 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Congrats!
    I'm staying motivated by being able to zip up my bottom tiered skinny jeans today. I've been trying them on since January 2nd every day..two days ago there was no way I could zip them or get the buttoned.

I always keep a pair of jeans or a dress that's too small hanging on my mirror is I can try it on at least a few times a week. It works in keeping my motivated..if my clothes fit..that matters more than the pounds on the scale.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I try to make weight loss one of the smallest parts of my normal day. I have a solid routine that has almost become second nature... at least when there are no holidays involved. I do my process and allow the weight loss to take care of itself. To me the more I think about it the more I dwell on how long it takes. It is kind of like taking a road trip and putting on some good music and just enjoy myself as opposed to watching every mile marker go by. I am better off ignoring the trip because then time will seem to pass faster... and it has.

After nearly 2 years my healthy goal range is not that far away... relatively speaking. I am finding myself more motivated to work on any other habit changes I need to become a successful maintainer. I am also thinking in broader terms of self-improvement.

My goal is to make weight management and fitness my new normal. A normal that I do each day without thinking about it too much or requiring much additional motivation because I plan to, and will hopefully succeed in, doing this forever.
  • MsSweetCheeks1975
    Options
    I wish I was like that. If I don't plan, then I get off track.
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I try to make weight loss one of the smallest parts of my normal day. I have a solid routine that has almost become second nature... at least when there are no holidays involved. I do my process and allow the weight loss to take care of itself. To me the more I think about it the more I dwell on how long it takes. It is kind of like taking a road trip and putting on some good music and just enjoy myself as opposed to watching every mile marker go by. I am better off ignoring the trip because then time will seem to pass faster... and it has.

After nearly 2 years my healthy goal range is not that far away... relatively speaking. I am finding myself more motivated to work on any other habit changes I need to become a successful maintainer. I am also thinking in broader terms of self-improvement.

My goal is to make weight management and fitness my new normal. A normal that I do each day without thinking about it too much or requiring much additional motivation because I plan to, and will hopefully succeed in, doing this forever.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    You never really know what later stages of what you will need to do will look like. You might always need to plan out 30 days in advance or maybe not. Whatever it is try to make it your habit.

I started with pre-planning 2-4 days in advance with a general idea of what I would do for the entire week. With repetition of the various foods I eat I began to just know how to fit them together to get my first 1400-1700 calories and my basic nutritional needs done for the day. I usually go ahead and log that much and then decide how to spend the rest.

Some people will lose all their weight and then hopefully learn how to maintain it. I am trying to be one of those people to have one system that with some adaptation will serve me for the rest of my life. With that in mind I need it to be habit so that I do not need to rely too heavily on additional motivation and willpower. Eventually and hopefully the scale will stop going down. I will stop dropping clothing sizes. The NSVs that were so fantastical will become everyday events again. People will stop commenting (I won't miss that part). Eating the right number of calories everyday will be boring but habits do not always need to be exciting. I can't remember ever getting excited about brushing my teeth.
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I follow a diet and exercise program.tbtfj5xdvh8u.jpg

I plan out my week. Daily goal: clean eating & Get my workout in. I posted about it on my feed today.
  • MsSweetCheeks1975
    Options
    Before I started doing the meal planning for the month, I was in a rut. I felt like I was cooking the same thing every week. Then, it would take me forever to figure out what to cook. Now, I don't have to think about that each day.

I'm trying to make things a habit. My downfall is the evening munchies. Also, when I get sick, I want to eat. I don't feel like cooking and tend to go towards fast foods. This is something I need to start working on more, where I cook things in advanced and have meals already prepared in the freezer.
    NovusDies wrote: »
    You never really know what later stages of what you will need to do will look like. You might always need to plan out 30 days in advance or maybe not. Whatever it is try to make it your habit.

I started with pre-planning 2-4 days in advance with a general idea of what I would do for the entire week. With repetition of the various foods I eat I began to just know how to fit them together to get my first 1400-1700 calories and my basic nutritional needs done for the day. I usually go ahead and log that much and then decide how to spend the rest.

Some people will lose all their weight and then hopefully learn how to maintain it. I am trying to be one of those people to have one system that with some adaptation will serve me for the rest of my life. With that in mind I need it to be habit so that I do not need to rely too heavily on additional motivation and willpower. Eventually and hopefully the scale will stop going down. I will stop dropping clothing sizes. The NSVs that were so fantastical will become everyday events again. People will stop commenting (I won't miss that part). Eating the right number of calories everyday will be boring but habits do not always need to be exciting. I can't remember ever getting excited about brushing my teeth.

• MsSweetCheeks1975
    Options
    Nice plan.
    bhurley100 wrote: »
    I follow a diet and exercise program.tbtfj5xdvh8u.jpg

I plan out my week. Daily goal: clean eating & Get my workout in. I posted about it on my feed today.

• buddy352
    buddy352 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I read a book by David Goggins called can't hurt me. Google him, he's an amazing inspiration.
  • MsSweetCheeks1975
    Options
    Just looked him up. Sounds interesting.
    buddy352 wrote: »
    I read a book by David Goggins called can't hurt me. Google him, he's an amazing inspiration.