Not hungry but crabby

Options
I don’t feel particularly hungry even though My goal is 1200/day. I eat well, spread it, out, drink lots of water, etc. But wow- kiddy. I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? Think it’s related? This is day 5 for me, btw. Thanks!

Replies

• Vanillabeanss2
    Vanillabeanss2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes i do. But have water and tough it out
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Out of 1200 cals what’s your carb intake? Are you getting enough sleep at night?
  • minnelizzy
    minnelizzy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am female, short, petite framed, not elderly (but at 39 I feel like it sometimes, lol) and fairly sedentary. I am not obese but do need to lose 25lbs to get in my BMI range and feel comfortable- where is was 6 months ago. I did set my goal at 2lbs/week so maybe that’s too much. I truly don’t feel very hungry so it’s seems odd that it would be food related. But the irritability is noticeable.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    minnelizzy wrote: »
    I am female, short, petite framed, not elderly (but at 39 I feel like it sometimes, lol) and fairly sedentary. I am not obese but do need to lose 25lbs to get in my BMI range and feel comfortable- where is was 6 months ago. I did set my goal at 2lbs/week so maybe that’s too much. I truly don’t feel very hungry so it’s seems odd that it would be food related. But the irritability is noticeable.

You can be undereating yet not feel hungry. Your deficit is far too large for your stats; 1 lb/week or slower is safer for someone with 25 pounds to lose. 2 lb/week is only reasonable for people who have about 75+ pounds to lose. Set your pace of loss to no more than 1 lb/week and eat all the calories MFP gives you, including a reasonable estimate of your exercise calories. If you have a lot of calories left and you're not hungry, add low volume calorie dense foods, like nut butter.
  • minnelizzy
    minnelizzy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!
  • BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I allow myself 1700 cals because I'm very active and work out regularly. I do feel you on the crabbiness. It comes with the territory. Maybe you're used to eating what ever you want and it sounds like you've cut way way back? Idk but I miss my daily ginger ale and my daily junk. Lol. Doing well though
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I had 20 lbs to lose and found .5 lbs per week to be the best goal for me as a short person. I actually lost about 2.5 pounds per month.

On the crabby issue, have you altered your caffeine intake? That's a common behavior when cutting calories (for example, cutting out caffeinated sodas or fancy coffees). Usually new dieters mention headaches when they do this, but crabbiness is also a side effect of less caffeine.