I need help

Options
My weight has been creeping up. I did manage to drop to 12 st a couple of years ago, now I'm back up to 13st 5lb. I struggling on my own. I need to be more disciplined when I see biscuits in the cupboard and I want to get quicker on the bike.

Replies

• mohamedksaadoun
    mohamedksaadoun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    get ride of 3 components in your food salt, sugur and white wheat. And drink enough water 2 to 3 liters and enjoy you life by walk 45min a day.
    Good luck 🙂
  • Sk7847
    Sk7847 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! I need help losing weight....my self control has been out the window recently 😩
  • 1972ChrisJG
    1972ChrisJG Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    get ride of 3 components in your food salt, sugur and white wheat. And drink enough water 2 to 3 liters and enjoy you life by walk 45min a day.
    Good luck 🙂

Thanks Mohamed 👍 sounds like a plan
  • 1972ChrisJG
    Options
    Don't make this hard. Just plug your stats into MFP and get your daily calorie goal. Get a digital food scale--they're cheap--and start using it to weight everything you eat. Log it all everyday and try to stay within your calorie goal. Move more, even walking is good, and MFP will give you more to eat that day. You can eat what you like as long as you stay within your calories. Good luck.

I'm doing most of that already. The key for me is self discipline. I have a weakness for snacks and biscuits. I know I have the will power because I packed in smoking by going cold turkey. If it's not there then I can't have it. But I know it's there and sometimes I can't help myself, especially after a bike ride when I think to myself "I've got plenty of calories in the bank so one won't hurt." Some I have to say no more often.
  • 1972ChrisJG
    Options
    Sk7847 wrote: »
    Hey! I need help losing weight....my self control has been out the window recently 😩

Me too. I've been sleeping walking to weight gain and it's creeping up. We can do it 💪
  • 1972ChrisJG
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Don't make this hard. Just plug your stats into MFP and get your daily calorie goal. Get a digital food scale--they're cheap--and start using it to weight everything you eat. Log it all everyday and try to stay within your calorie goal. Move more, even walking is good, and MFP will give you more to eat that day. You can eat what you like as long as you stay within your calories. Good luck.

I'm doing most of that already. The key for me is self discipline. I have a weakness for snacks and biscuits. I know I have the will power because I packed in smoking by going cold turkey. If it's not there then I can't have it. But I know it's there and sometimes I can't help myself, especially after a bike ride when I think to myself "I've got plenty of calories in the bank so one won't hurt." Some I have to say no more often.

Are you logging accurately and consistently?

I found prelogging my food was a game changer. I pre-log an after dinner snack so I know how many calories I have left to work with. If there's something I'm tempted to eat, I log it first and see what it does to my numbers. After you log consistently for awhile, you start to learn what foods fit in your day, which fill you up, which are a waste of calories.

The discipline of logging and my desire to continue enjoying the food I was eating led to me being able to continue to have a daily evening snack, an occasional beer, and even a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich when needed while losing my weight.

Read the sexypants link above and good luck!

I do pre-log, and I enter some food foods into my diary to see what it would do to my numbers then delete if it pushes me over. But sometimes, I might have a small biscuit or a few nuts after I've complimentary diary and I need to stop doing that.
  • 1972ChrisJG
    Options

I found prelogging my food was a game changer. I pre-log an after dinner snack so I know how many calories I have left to work with. If there's something I'm tempted to eat, I log it first and see what it does to my numbers. After you log consistently for awhile, you start to learn what foods fit in your day, which fill you up, which are a waste of calories.

The discipline of logging and my desire to continue enjoying the food I was eating led to me being able to continue to have a daily evening snack, an occasional beer, and even a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich when needed while losing my weight.

Thank you 👍
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it helps to just not have biscuits in the house for a while. Figure out something you can eat when you’re a bit peckish which is lower calorie and doesn’t tempt you to indulge. Allow the biscuits back in when you feel more under control.
  • 1972ChrisJG
    Options
    Sometimes it helps to just not have biscuits in the house for a while. Figure out something you can eat when you’re a bit peckish which is lower calorie and doesn’t tempt you to indulge. Allow the biscuits back in when you feel more under control.

I know, you're right. A treat now and again is good, just not now. Thanks 👍
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

I do pre-log, and I enter some food foods into my diary to see what it would do to my numbers then delete if it pushes me over. But sometimes, I might have a small biscuit or a few nuts after I've complimentary diary and I need to stop doing that.

I'm a notorious late night snacker, so I never complete my diary, too easy too use that as an excuse :lol:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Good luck 🙂

None of this is a requirement.

OP has given no indication of what her typical diet or health is like, so why would she need to reduce salt (does she have hypertension?)?
    Did she indicate she has a tendency to overconsume sugar, crowding out other nutrients? That's the main reason why it can be advisable (also because some sugary foods can be calorie dense, often because of contributions from fat in addition).
    What's wrong with "white wheat"? I don't even know what that means.

Staying hydrated is important - but lots of foods and beverages provide hydration.

Walking is a good form of exercise but again, not required for weight loss.

• Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Quote OP

I do pre-log, and I enter some food foods into my diary to see what it would do to my numbers then delete if it pushes me over. But sometimes, I might have a small biscuit or a few nuts after I've complimentary diary and I need to stop doing that. [/quote]

I often prelog as well, or see if I have enough" calorie balance" to fit in a treat or food I'm craving atm. Like you, there are times I end up eating late or even during the night (unplanned), after I have closed my diary for the day. But when this happens I personally won't use it as an excuse to not log. As this is a slippery slope and to easy to use as an excuse. I also want long term accurate records to compare calorie targets & changes in weight. This wouldn't be possible if foods eaten aren't included.

I'm explaining this here, in the hope it may help. One alternative is as @kimny72 suggests, is not to close your diary. But I do like closing mine, at what I think is the end of my day. But if I end up having any snacks afterwards, it is still possible to add foods to your dairy, even after closing. Which is something I ended up doing last night. It still allows me to log and see where I stand calorie wise.
  • bettysboops67
    bettysboops67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can do it !!!!! x