do acai diet pills work ?

Options
So i went to my local drug store the other day to pick up a few things when i saw in the diet pill section they had some acai pills . I have heard in the past that acai boosts weight lost . Does anyone know if thats true or am i taking these for no reason ?:P

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    They don't work.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    nah. Neither do green tea pills for weight loss anyway lol
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    There's no actual scientific study that shows herbs can aid in weight loss. Better to stick with the basics than wasting your money on something that might give a bad side effect on your health.
  • Leanne1795
    Options
    If any diet pills did work then they would be international news and doctors would be giving them to anyone with a weight problem.
  • JenGilronan
    JenGilronan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I tried them once before.... I didn't lose any weight but I did feel less bloated.
    I've noticed though, if I eat enough fresh veggies and fruits... I also feel less bloated.
    You could probably skip buying them and increase the amount of fresh berries to do the trick...
  • BRITTLEEMUN
    Options
    They work in the fact of THEY MAKE YOU POOP!!! Haha. Cleanse ya right up!!! But that's only if your body reacts the same to it as others. That is the point of the acai...to "cleanse"
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Nope nope. I have tried everything under the sun and they just dont work.
  • psychmz3
    psychmz3 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Neither do green tea pills for weight loss anyway lol

Of course not. They act as a thermogenic and will only burn about 80 extra calories in itself. It is used in conjunction with other pills.
  • ahunkofmexican
    Options
    If any diet pills did work then they would be international news and doctors would be giving them to anyone with a weight problem.

Yes, i think that is very smart of you 2 say that ! I like your female logic this time !
  • Leanne1795
    Options

Yes, i think that is very smart of you 2 say that ! I like your female logic this time !

:tongue: :laugh:
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    Lots of diet pills work, but without fail they have nasty nasty side effects.

-amphetemines are sometimes prescribed to manage weight
    -ephedra, will blow your head off, and people die from it all the time
    -massive amounts of caffeine, stacked with aspirin and ephedra (see above about DYING)
    -cocaine (lets not go there)

CLA has been scientifically shown to give a 2 percent advantage in weight loss. I worked it out once, I would reach my goal weight a whole week faster, if I spent 20 bucks a month for 6 months taking it. And even that study is questionable as it is a conflict of interest (CLA manufacturer performed it).

I think the point I am making is that in the diet pill world, they push out the latest "natural" "pure" product and then claim it is the worlds best and safest diet aid ever. And over time it turns out to be another pipe dream.

What works is good clean diet, and exercise. Pills will not help you lose weight safely.