• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    IF you set your goal to lose 2 pounds per week, and
    IF MFP told you to eat 1200 calories per day, and
    IF it works perfectly for you when you do, and
    IF you eat 1450 calories all one week with no intentional exercise,
    You should lose 1.5 pounds that week.
    So why not set your calories to 1400 calories per day and try to exercise an average of 200 calories a day. That will allow you to eat a more comfortable amount while still losing 2 pounds a week.

Also, hummus and crackers is healthy, but protein might help keep you full better. Just a thought. You decide.
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the notes about perhaps increasing your calorie target since 1200 is quite low. You're not really leaving yourself anywhere to go as you lose weight, too. What I mean by this is that MFP will slowly lower your calorie target as you drop pounds in order to keep up with the same rate of loss (though as you get close to goal you should change your MFP to reduce the rate of loss further).

What I would suggest at any calorie target when you find yourself very hungry is to take a look at your macros. I know I feel hungry when I don't get the right balance of protein, carbs, and fat, regardless of how many calories I eat.
  • ldavi87
    ldavi87 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hello Yumi, I agree more protein, Hard boiled eggs are great and fast, I love my eggs and beef sticks with a string cheese or an apple with peanut butter fill me big time. just a few suggestion.
    good luck.. :) also I would change out the crakers for veggies in the hummus
  • hilariouslbc
    hilariouslbc Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    For what it’s worth, I tend to be a lot less hungry eating protein than with the same number of calories in carbs