Butterflies Breaking Free. . .Jade39

Options
Welcome to the latest in challenges. . . for those that don't know me. . . most of you do. . . I am studying to be a physical trainer and then I am going to go back to college and finish my degree in nutrition. . .

I have a 10 almost 11 year old daughter who is my pride and joy. . . I am also stepped up my diet and went to being a pescatarian. . .

So the name that I have chosen for us symbolizes shedding this outer shell of fat and finding renewed energy, vitality and life, and our new healthier selves. . . a new beginning. . . transforming our lives. . .for this reason . . . . . .

We are. . . . . "BUTTERFLIES. .. . . BREAKING FREE". . .

Our team is as follows:

mamathrash2

nikkerz620

Alisa1973

heathergettingfit

Smartfungorgeous

bell33usx2

Petchonka82

Sarah44254

cibolodave

Welcome everyone. . ..and the motto I have chosen is one of my favorite quotes. . . may I suggest writing it in places that tempt

you. . . Finish strong you DO have it in you!"

THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********

Week One Weekly Team Challenge
Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Replies

• alisa1973
    alisa1973 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Can't wait to really push my body to the limits in Sept. I am Alisa living in beautiful Hot Springs, AR with 3 adorable cats (thought my limit was 2 but my ex brought just one more home you barely even notice she is here except the loud meows and hair), I own Terasita Skin Care, work part time at a Lutheran Church and workout in my spare time. I am finally taking care of myself.

Looking forward to a great September.

Thanks Jade for all of your hard work.
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of the team. I saw the post but don't think I made if "official". I am Shannon. I am 32 and live in Minnesota. Married with three kids. Daughters are 20 and 8 and my son is 5. We adopted them 4 years ago. I am a special education teacher. I LOVE butterflies, so naturally LOVE the name! I am going to print the rules and such so I have it all made out. Would love to ultimately be between 120-130 and am now 230. Used to be a swimmer in my youth and loved it. Butterfly was my favorite stroke. Anyways, looking forward to the challenge and will get caught up. Feel free to add as friend! I am also on Facebook if interested. If so -- just message me. ;) Hello all! And let's keep on doing this!
  • Shannonk507
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Can't wait to really push my body to the limits in Sept.

Thanks Jade for all of your hard work.

Me too! Ditto on Jade's kudos!
  • Shannonk507
    Options
    Could someone go over the requirements again? First challenge I am doing and don't want to let the team down and make sure I completely understand. Thanks! Also, was not on the list, so can I be added? Thanks! This starts Sept 1, correct? (So I have time to go look at videos and prep myself)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Could someone go over the requirements again? First challenge I am doing and don't want to let the team down and make sure I completely understand. Thanks! Also, was not on the list, so can I be added? Thanks! This starts Sept 1, correct? (So I have time to go look at videos and prep myself)

I am forming a second Sept team. . you will be on that team. . The requirements are as stated above at this point.
  • Shannonk507
    Options
    Ok thanks! I will keep looking. Thanks again for doing this too.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Ready to start tomorrow! :)
  • heathergettingfit
    Options
    Ok....for some reason I had a different post noted for our group. Just found our weekly challenge (above) that begins tomorrow.

This is the other forum I thought we were using for our group.

Jade--Does everyone on the team know which is the correct forum?

I am looking forward to the challenge. Go BBF's!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    HESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! I will post the youtube videos tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!
  • sarah44254
    Options
    oh awesome, advanced stuff! I will definitely try those, especially since my workout schedule is rather light recently :) these advanced ones are a great addition
  • sarah44254
    Options
    Guys, I made a small forum image we can use to show our part in the group. It doesn't list names as that would be a large image and I prefer little ones, so if you'd like to use it, here is the URL:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/serji/butterflies.jpg

to add it to your signature just copy this line and make sure to change the IMG to lowercase (both front and end)

butterflies.jpg
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hi team. . I am so excited about tomorrow. . . We are going to shake it up this month. . . We are strong. . we are warriors!!!

Here is the signature code. If you have not done this before you go to community and signature and then put the code in. . change the img to lower case and then save and you are set.

Butterflies-1.jpg

Tonya thanks again for your help!
  • sarah44254
    Options
    That one is much prettier than mine :)
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Lets ROCK IT!!! :) Yay! Yay!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sarah44254
    Options
    Heading to school now: intention to eat well and drink lots!

I would love to come home and do bushmen workout, but I could use a vid for the exercises. I can look them up but not sure what site you use for them all.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    That one is much prettier than mine :)

Hey Thank you for the dedication and team work. . I love that. . .I only picked the elements to go into ours though. . . Smartfungorgeous put it together. ..
  • petchonka82
    Options
    Hi team! I'm Terra. I started MFP in Jan, but have struggled since mid-March, for a variety of reasons..some my own fault and some medical. I took the last half of August off, guilt free, and I'm ready to get going again! Both my kiddies are now in school full time (KG & 4th) so I can't use that excuse any longer. I have tons of free time to fight the flab. My weigh in this morning was 210.5 pounds...my low during this journey has been 205, so you can see I have some work to do.
  • sarah44254
    Options
    I'm Sarah, nice to meet you. I put up a little intro in a different thread, but I can't find it so I will retype it here!

I'm 25 until October, live with my boyfriend of 4 years in a house he JUST bought for us in the beginning of August :) We have no children, but we do have one senile cat. She is 11 years old and starting to show her age.

I work full time at a circle K as assistant manager, but was lucky enough to whittle the hours down to 32 during the school semester. I really need that extra day off to do homework and catch up on housework.

I started on this site late December, 2010, and since then have lost almost 30 inches from my body overall, as well as around 25 lbs. I have dropped my body fat % from 34 to a low 27% :) I have gone from a size 14 pants to a quite loose size 6. I will be shopping for 4s in the next couple weeks when I remember to get out to Ross.

This morning I weighed in at 141.2 lbs.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    BUTTERFLIES. . . . . We have been issued a challenge. .. . . by our FEARLESS September Challenge leader. . . GARY. . . .BEARWALKING: .. . .stand up put your feet on the floor hunched over and walk with feet and legs on the floor? Like a bear walks? Walk at a constant pace for 3 minutes no stopping! SO. . . my BUTTERFLIES::::::::::::::::GROOOOWWWWWLLLLL. ..we ARE SO DOING THIS!!!!. . . . CLAWTASTIC!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • sarah44254
    Options
    will update again at end of day :)