Food tracking/logging hacks...

Options
I have seen several very useful tips scattered throughout the forums that I now use in the kitchen , and I am sure plenty others I have missed! What tips and tricks do you use to make logging easier, faster, or more accurate?

Replies

• miaow828
    miaow828 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of meals saved of things I eat regularly whether it be a favorite dinner at home or meal from a restaurant. This saves me time and guess work. I also make sure that if I weight out a portion of dry oatmeal, I search and log it as "dry/uncooked oats" so I don't accidentally choose a cooked entry.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,167 Member
    Options
    Things like peanut butter - put the jar on the scale, tare it out, and measure by negative numbers as you take some out...

I use the same method for other liquids as well, especially those used while cooking, (pot/pan on the stove), and solids as well: olive oil, butter, wine, condiments, curry pastes,...
  • ksupan98
    ksupan98 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is brilliant. Never thought of doing this! Thank you!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Also the reverse idea with the food scale: Put the plate on the scale. Zero. Put the tortilla on the scale, note weight, zero. Put the refried beans on the tortilla, note weight, zero. Put the cheese on the beans, note weight, zero. And so on.

For things on plates, things in bowls, things in pans that will become recipes, whatever.

I do this also.. 🙂