Just wanting to feel comfortable in my jeans!

Options
Hi!

Here’s my story - it’s nothing dramatic but it’s a story all the same...

I was always one of those annoying people who never seem to put on weight when all they eat is crap - until I turned 29 and suddenly my clothes didn’t fit me anymore. Combined with a haircut that went wrong, I really haven’t been feeling myself. I haven’t wanted to go on nights out because the clothes I used to wear are too tight, too short or show too much skin now. I’m living in big jumpers and uncomfortable jeans that I have to unbutton as soon as I get back to my desk. I don’t recognise my face or body anymore and I’m tired of feeling like I’ve let myself go.

So with two weeks to go till my 30th birthday I have decided to turn things around. As I don’t drive my easiest exercise option is to increase my steps, so for the last week or so I’ve been turning down lifts from work and going for a half hour walk at lunch with a friend. Sunday’s are now reserved for walks up the Welsh hills and I’ve started calorie counting and tracking my food on here. I’m considering downloading the Results with Lucy app too as I live in a small flat and need a workout I can do in the living room - anyone else tried it?

Hoping I can lose a few pounds by my 30th just to mentally put myself in a good frame of mind, and then carry it on (primarily to get my wardrobe back!).

Anyone else in the too tight jeans camp?

Replies

• imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Just remember it's a marathon not a sprint to weight loss.
    I have the jeans issue, which is why jeggings are currently my best friend! 😂 Honestly can't remember the last time I wore of button up jeans.

I did the 30 day shred dvd before joining the gym which really helped as a fitness dvd x
  • belugabear8485
    belugabear8485 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m on ‘soft feel and stretchy’ jeans which I don’t think is too far off jeggings 😂 Could definitely do without the button as well!

Oo haven’t heard of that one but 30 days sounds like a decent timeframe to get a sense of control back! Ties in nicely with my 30 theme too 😂

And you’re right, definitely not a sprint as it’s something I need to keep up. There comes a point when chocolate for breakfast is just not okay (unless it’s Christmas obviously).
  • miaow828
    miaow828 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you wanna lose weight in a quick amount of time, you could try keto. There's typically a good bit (5-8) of pounds lost in the first week or so when you lower your carb intake because you are losing water weight. You will gain it back after your birthday if you go back to a regular carb amount. It's not sustainable for me as a lifestyle diet, but it works for me short term! Good luck!
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! *wave* Not much anymore, but I have DEFINITELY been there. It’s crazy how fast the weight sneaks up on you.

I’m 27, and more the “always just a touch pudgy” type.
    I let myself go in college, and before I knew it I had gained 25 lbs. It was so depressing. I lost by really, really sticking to my calorie goals, and re-starting every time I messed up, even when I felt like a looser and just wanted to quit. I have inconsistently done all kinds of exercise, mostly running though, but the thing I really stuck with was the diet.

At this point I am trying to loose the last 10 to get me to my goal weight (haven't been that low in 10 years weight)

I suggest taking some full body pics, and measurements of your waist, thighs, etc. right now, so that you will have some “before” and “after” pics. I took the pics and honestly it is so crazy how different I look now vs. then. It really re-inspires me to keep going and putting in the work.
    You got this! Feel free to friend me, if you would like. :)
  • belugabear8485
    Options
    miaow828 wrote: »
    If you wanna lose weight in a quick amount of time, you could try keto. There's typically a good bit (5-8) of pounds lost in the first week or so when you lower your carb intake because you are losing water weight. You will gain it back after your birthday if you go back to a regular carb amount. It's not sustainable for me as a lifestyle diet, but it works for me short term! Good luck!

Yeah a few people in my office are doing keto at the minute and one of them lost 8 pounds in her first week! Definitely worth a look into ☺️
  • belugabear8485
    Options
    You can do this!! Just remember it's a marathon not a sprint to weight loss.
    I have the jeans issue, which is why jeggings are currently my best friend! 😂 Honestly can't remember the last time I wore of button up jeans.

I did the 30 day shred dvd before joining the gym which really helped as a fitness dvd x

Sorry - couldn’t work out how to reply to you directly 🙈
  • belugabear8485
    Options
    Hey girl! *wave* Not much anymore, but I have DEFINITELY been there. It’s crazy how fast the weight sneaks up on you.

I’m 27, and more the “always just a touch pudgy” type.
    I let myself go in college, and before I knew it I had gained 25 lbs. It was so depressing. I lost by really, really sticking to my calorie goals, and re-starting every time I messed up, even when I felt like a looser and just wanted to quit. I have inconsistently done all kinds of exercise, mostly running though, but the thing I really stuck with was the diet.

At this point I am trying to loose the last 10 to get me to my goal weight (haven't been that low in 10 years weight)

I suggest taking some full body pics, and measurements of your waist, thighs, etc. right now, so that you will have some “before” and “after” pics. I took the pics and honestly it is so crazy how different I look now vs. then. It really re-inspires me to keep going and putting in the work.
    You got this! Feel free to friend me, if you would like. :)

Well done for getting back on it each time you fell off! Eating right and exercising can be such a slog, and tbh, just downright boring!

Good idea about taking the before and after pictures. I’ve taken my measurements but to start with I’m just going to go off how I feel in my jeans and whether they’re still cutting into my hips, and then if the weight isn’t falling off fast enough I’ll take a more data led approach ☺️

I’ll definitely friend you, just as soon I figure out how 🙈
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Oh yeh, my closet is filled with jeans and their stories. :/ Everything from sizes 6-12. I donated all the ones bigger than that because I used to take size 18-20. I made it back to my 10's but when they started getting uncomfortably tight again, I knew that was the moment I needed. Now I'm in my 8's, would like to get back into 6's but realized they're pretty old so if I can maintain for awhile it'll be time to go shopping. Maybe by spring. :)

It doesn't happen overnight. But it does happen, if you stick to a calorie deficit and are patient. Good luck to you!!!
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Girl my LEGGINGS are tight! I've been here before, had success and was at a happy weight - certainly not supermodel status but I was happier in my skin than ever before and that was what I needed. Then I had a baby and THREE years later I'm a struggling.

It takes time and patience, and I'd rather do it the right way consistently with no crazy diets to make me gain it all back again!

Gather a few motivational friends here to keep on track and good luck!