In need of Support system

Options
I recently had a few high blood pressure readings so it’s time to lose the weight! Struggled losing anything after my second child. I do really well for a bit then lose focus. Need friends to help encourage! I’m just done feeling disgusting and am not tryna die anytime soon

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Feel around the forums some, send some friend requests to people you think you can relate with, and go from there. There are enough personalities on here that chances are you can find the right kind of people to relate to your situation and give you the kind of support that works for you.

The support that works for you... might be subtle, it might take someone who will send you a scathing private message when you overeat or don't exercise some. But if you have any of that already figured out, you can look for people that are the right fit.

But in any case, you shouldn't feel disgusting. Life happens, and people get out of shape and gain weight. But not tryna die is a good start. Take that and run with it.
  • MsGetnSexyBack
    MsGetnSexyBack Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi NLucas1230, I know exactly how you feel. I have been struggling for years, so much so I can't use the baby weight any longer. It is not easy to accomplish our goal but we can do it with the right support system in place. In our society, so many people look at our outward physique, but it is ok for skinny fat people..why..because they look healthy enough? My thoughts on the matter are: LOVE YOURSELF no matter what size you are and take it ONE day at a time. Hugs
  • bookgrlph
    bookgrlph Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Also here looking for accountability friends. I'm not crazy about my check-up numbers either. I developed hypothyroidism after I had my son which didn't help. Plus family history of hbp and diabetes.
  • fiftyonefour
    fiftyonefour Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Also looking for accountability friends who are logging consistently. :)

Plus if your food diary is opened so I can get great ideas for meals!!
  • I_am_Aaron
    I_am_Aaron Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Staying motivated is very hard if you don't have support. you have definatly come to the right place to find that support. I have many friends who don't care to much for health and fitness and much rather eat pizza a drink beer and I have fell into that trap many times. Although I drink beer and eat pizza I have to limit the intake.

Set a small goal and work on that. once you smash that goal you set another small goal and keep going.

Add friends on here who think like you and support what you are doing and give motivation.

You have done the hardest part by deciding to make a change.
  • flosjourney
    flosjourney Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me please I need friends for support and motivation I'm new
  • StrickPT
    StrickPT Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Just turned 45 here. Looking for support friends. Remember—we are all in the together!
  • layercake2020
    layercake2020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've just started. Add me if you like.
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Struggle daily no motivation have a cold but tomorrow forcing myself to do cardio
  • XLNC1981
    XLNC1981 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I hear you on.... the do well for a bit / then lose focus! That’s been me for ever but this time around I’m different... not posted for a while but I’m a few days short of an 80 day logging streak and I’ve lost 8.5kg just by being true to myself and logging and keeping a strict deficit.

The results have just pushed me on.

The difference this time is my mind-set.

I knew there was a fitter and healthier me inside and I’ve never wanted so badly to unlock it and I’m well on my way now.

The good news, keeping a calorie deficit and exercise really works but you have to be true to yourself and really want it. Patience and consistency really does get you there.

I eat a heavily protein based diet and eat what works well for me in my lifestyle but happy to be added and I’ll push as best as I can!

Good luck x
  • JJBang1
    JJBang1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @NLucas1230 , I understand that short term focus. I was powerlifting for a while but put on some weight doing it. Now that competitions are over and am done with college, I look forward to dropping some weight! I try to log everyday and try to keep a deficit- Doing a 30-day challenge of logging my food to build a habit! Looking for people that are motivated to help me stay on track!