KETO!!! Looking for friends!!

Options
Have been doing Keto since May 2019. Stopped over the holidays but back on it as of Jan 2. Anybody else on Keto?

Replies

• fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm not on Keto per se, but I limit my carbs. As a result I have been reading much about Keto and have tried a few Keto recipes. I'm looking for the experience of others to recommend recipes.
  • morganlittle29
    morganlittle29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of my new keto diet. Normally, I'm a pretty active person (walking, biking, martial arts), vaguely follow a Mediterranean diet, and tend to hover around 130lbs (5'3"). But last year, I moved to a new city, started a new job, and both my diet and exercise routines went down the toilet. I only gained about 10 pounds but I know I lost muscle and gained fat because my clothes fit so differently. I'm trying out keto to see if I can burn through some of this extra fat I accumulated in 2019. Bought a cheap breathalyzer to measure acetone on my breath as a proxy for blood ketones and I'm taking some supplements (multi-B, magnesium) to hopefully avoid the keto flu. Going to be throwing in some intermittent fasting, as well, starting today! I also use MyFitnessPal for nutrient and macro tracking but it doesn't show net carbs so it's not perfect for keto (but super helpful for meal planning). It would be great to have people to chat with about their experiences on keto and trade recipes! Good luck to you!
  • sdtomar
    sdtomar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    what's the carb limit for women?
  • SpinforCals
    SpinforCals Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    On low carb since the holidays. Makes a huge impact on the workouts
  • Annarose29
    Annarose29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    sdtomar wrote: »
    what's the carb limit for women?

I usually keep my net carbs between 20-25 grams per day!
  • RunFastLiveLong
    RunFastLiveLong Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I’d definately like to learn more about it. I think I accidentally or at least was close to keto last time - considering the diet / food I love. It sounds awesome and people seem
    To have amazing results.

How was it for you last time?