Petition to get Disagree button removed

Options

Replies

• terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I am probably overly thoughtful before posting anything on here, to protect myself, but also to be respectful of others. I have a pretty timid personality (something I’m trying to break out of) and am very non-confrontational, which is why I typically stick to forums that deal with lighter subject matter. Even still, I checked, and I have 49 disagrees lol.

I get what Pupnuzz was saying, especially when it comes to newcomers. A “disagree”, particularly a completely unwarranted one, can be disheartening and discouraging to someone who may have just joined here looking to regain their confidence, for instance. But, sad fact: this is the INTERNET. You get what you sign up for. There’s gonna be ALL kinds of personality types, and disagree button or not, we all have to deal with some disagree-ers and bad bananas. Maybe they hit the button because they disagree, maybe they hit it just to be a *kitten*, or maybe their finger just slipped (which has absolutely been the case for me sometimes 100% of the time - sorry guys! 😂) Who knows!

At the end of the day, they aren’t responsible for how you feel, just like you aren’t responsible for how they feel.

Now, someone hit me with a disagree to make it an even 50 lol
  • terrordawg
    Options
    Also, @Joeyd727

Eggplants SUCK!
  • terrordawg
    Options
    qaop9265jbg6.jpeg

Thank you ❤️
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    I got disagreed one-time for saying I didn't like eggplant 🤷🏻‍♂️ I didn't go and cry about it. Just move on, if you let silly things like this impact your progress and life then you'll never achieve your goals.

Lol. Sorry about that... but, eggplant is so awesome, I just cannot hear of it being disparaged. I stand with eggplant.

Seriously, someone Disagreed with me a couple of times for wishing someone well & that they feel better, lol. I find it amusing. Besides, everyone is entitled to think differently.

But, not when it involves eggplant.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    Maybe I been seeing things differently. I think the community has been great, Especially to new people. I’m still relatively new on boards. I’m sure there are isolated incidents, but overall it has been great and pleasant. Not everything will be perfect. If someone does disagree with me, I honestly haven’t noticed. It’s ok if someone does. I can’t always be right and just like outside the boards. I keep an open mind to learn different views that challenge mine.

What he said.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    The first time someone hit disagree on one of my posts, I felt hurt. Then I started thinking, wth do I care? I don't know this person and they don't know me. It's a free country to express your opinion. Just like it's a free country for someone to disagree.
    Don't sweat the small stuff.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Pupnuzz wrote: »
    So what I'm gathering is no one has compassion for all the new members here who are being slammed with disagrees all over the place? People coming to this place looking for support on thier weight loss journey. Who finally make a post and someone just hits disagree because "eh, I'm allowed too" how is that supposed to motivate someone or encourage them or be supportive?
    There even rules about it in the community terms of service incase you're wondering! Go read it!

All of you are thinking way too small with your "privelage" to hit a disagree button.

Pupnuzz wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else, but as a community that is supposed to be supportive. I feel the disagree button has no place here. The recent events in the selfie thread have made it clear that it will be used for abuse. And I've seen people all over the place in the diet, support and other places using it on people's positive posts too. I think that if you disagree with someone so strongly then the person should have to make an actual post discussing why and create a healthy dialogue. That is the way support and communities progress. Not hiding behind a button. Other forums I've used will actually post your username publicly at the bottom of posts you disagree with so that you can be held responsible and make your point of view known.

Disagreeing with a post adds nothing to discussion value, where as replying and positive ratings do.

So I'm asking those who agree to also post in this thread and help notify the moderators that we think there needs to be changed or at least modifications to the disagree button.

Why does a positive rating without a comment add value when a disagree doesn't?

Because a positive ratings lifts someone up and ecourages thier journey, regardless if someone replies. A negative rating is demoralising and adds nothing of value to a person's journey. Especially when it's on posts of people starting out weightloss, looking for support, people offering support and people even offering recipies and advice. How or why someone can disagree with a recipie is well beyond my understanding, let alone disagreeing with someone who's looking for weight loss support

So, you're saying you disagree with people who disagree with your disagreement of a disagree button?

• RunFastLiveLong
    RunFastLiveLong Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I disagree
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    Even though I disagree with his argument about removing the disagree button and I stand by whatever I've said here but I do understand what OP was stating. With that said it's not like a progress pic or a weightloss issue was disagreed with, someone or mutliple people disagreed with a pic of him wearing a leather dog mask 🤷🏻‍♂️

That was what all the hoopla is about? Good grief. 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just think if it as acknowledgement if you’re existence and revel in the attention someone’s took the time to give you😉
    Honestly don’t let it bother you 👍