Throw the scale away!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    jean133mjg wrote: »
    That's part of my own problem; I've given the number on the scale, the power to control my attitude for the day. It's amazing how I've given an inanimate object more power than my own abilities.

This used to be me to the point I would only weigh myself once a month to avoid getting depressed and/or giving up. BUT I started lifting weight 2 yrs and have progressively over time lift heavy. I began noticing a HUGE transformation in my body to the point now people ask me have I lost weight. I haven't lost significant weight but I've toned so much and lost tons of inches. I no longer care what the scale says anymore.
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! I won’t throw my scale away but will use it far less!!
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Nice to know! I still have a great deal of obesity but I will be increasingly working on toning and weights as I get nearer my goal.
  • ecmorgan101
    ecmorgan101 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how your weight goes away. In my case, I lost 35 pounds, but only lost about 2 inches - if that - around my waist. For me the scale is a clear and visible example of my progress.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Sounds good on paper. Trendy.

Don't let all of your hard work and success fall right back into I ate it all back and now I have to start over again. Keep tracking your data points. The scale is the true measure of knowing exactly where we stand. Throwing away the scale is one of the easiest ways to start eyeballing it and eventually that lack of fact checking leads to rebound weight gain with friends.

There's no such thing as the Finish Line. When someone edges up on their dream weight they often become overconfident and say things like counting calories is just waaay too complicated and I'm going to quit that now. I'm fixed. Give it a year or two and they're back.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!