Fun ways/ideas on counting runs/miles?

Options
I saw the "Walk to Mordor" thread and that's cool. I've also seen a miles from "King's Landing to The Wall" in the past.
What other fun ideas & or ways do you have to count down (or up) your mileage?
I'm hoping to log about 800+ miles this year...

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    There’s a very popular “run the year” program (it’s a whole thing with medals and Facebook groups and what not). The idea being that you and/or your team will log a total of 2020 (this year) miles.

There are offshoots with virtual run/race programs for km or 1000 or self-set goals.

My work one year had a walk across the country or something where it would map out how far you had gotten and give you little tourist/historical tidbits of what you had passed on the way. Perhaps there’s something similar in cyberspace now?
  • rachellep103
    rachellep103 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks Duck, I'll check it out.
    I thought google would have had more, but it's surprisingly difficult to find results. That's really nice that your work did that! Someone made a lot of effort to pull that off.
    I'm researching "Journey to the West" myself to see if I can map it out.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Race Your Pace you set your own goal each month and get a different medal every month you enter and one for the year if you do all 12 months. UK based and they ship to US for $5 but it can take a few weeks sometimes.

You can choose run, walk , swim and/or bike.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Some people like the Zombies, Run! app. It's not a way to track mileage, per se, but more of a running program set up like a game.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    I log on Runningahead and have a goal bunny for both walking and running. My goals are 1000 miles walking and 2000 miles running. Every day I log, the summary page will tell me how many miles I've done toward my goal, how many miles per week that was, how many miles I have to go and how many miles a week I need to do to reach my goal. It will also tell me how many miles I've done in the past 7 days and in the past 30 days, which can be fun. The pace bunny shows green if I'm on track and pink if I'm falling behind.
  • rachellep103
    rachellep103 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    fun way to pass the miles....i run at the beat of the music and have all different types of music from folk-simon and garfunkel to rap. makes track miles a little more interesting
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Mindful running...it's amazing how much I learned about my body and my psyche when I started practicing it.