Looking for one person

Options
Looking for someone who has been through this circus before and failed and is now back and trying. Someone who doesn’t know how they will do this and fear they won’t but really want to. Someone who wants to “fitness partner up” with someone and hold each other accountable, maybe do the same workout program from home so that we can discuss progress and how we found it, someone who can motivate and also kick your butt when you need it and remind you why you’re here. I can only work out from home due to child care issues so having someone else doing an at home program would be great but doesn’t need to be.

Just need one person who actually wants to be “fitness friends” and it just a thumbs up or another add. I’ve failed at this a couple time’s already and I know if I try to do this without support again that probably won’t change. I’m willing to put in the time and communication and effort to be here if you are.

Let’s walk this day by day together until we reach our goals. Anyone?

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    It won't be me. I am no good at that kind of stuff and I am far too far down the line from where I started.

I just wanted to say that you can absolutely do this. I remember the fear. I remember feeling overwhelmed. I found my way forward by just focusing on the day ahead of me and trying to ignore all else. I worked to keep it simple and as easy as possible.

I hope you find the right person but please do not put conditions on your future success. The right person can likely help you but you will still face much of it alone.

• HealthyisMindful
    HealthyisMindful Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post. I really appreciate it. Perhaps I wrote that a bit wrong, I know I have to do most of it alone - it’s my fight, I just know that having someone beside you in a battle is a little more comforting than being alone, and the chances of you making it out the other side are probably just that little bit higher. :smile:
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Tanielle85 wrote: »
    Thank you for your post. I really appreciate it. Perhaps I wrote that a bit wrong, I know I have to do most of it alone - it’s my fight, I just know that having someone beside you in a battle is a little more comforting than being alone, and the chances of you making it out the other side are probably just that little bit higher. :smile:

It is hard to convey everything on a message board. It is a very nice thing to have a person or people that understand parts of where you are and where you have been. That is why I established an MFP group for people with 75 or more pounds to lose. Not everyone understands things like not being able to fit in a restaurant booth but some of them do.

Anyway I think you will make someone a fine travelling companion.

Here is my first year story if it helps:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10731694/after-a-year-over-150lbs-lost-learned-a-few-things/p1

I am weeks away from my second year update.
  • eleni426
    eleni426 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tanielle85 wrote: »
    Looking for someone who has been through this circus before and failed and is now back and trying. Someone who doesn’t know how they will do this and fear they won’t but really want to. Someone who wants to “fitness partner up” with someone and hold each other accountable, maybe do the same workout program from home so that we can discuss progress and how we found it, someone who can motivate and also kick your butt when you need it and remind you why you’re here. I can only work out from home due to child care issues so having someone else doing an at home program would be great but doesn’t need to be.

Just need one person who actually wants to be “fitness friends” and it just a thumbs up or another add. I’ve failed at this a couple time’s already and I know if I try to do this without support again that probably won’t change. I’m willing to put in the time and communication and effort to be here if you are.

Let’s walk this day by day together until we reach our goals. Anyone?

Let's do this! I need the same kind of support. I've been through this a couple of times. I succeeded only to fail and end up worse than before. I'm in my mid 40s, 2 kids in elementary school and I'm super busy. At the moment I'm honestly afraid to workout too hard like I used to because my body is not at a weight it's accustomed to. So I'm hoping to do some long walks when I can and eventually start something more rigorous. What kind of diet plan are you doing?