OK MFP women:

Options
2»

Replies

• SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have found catching rabits with my teeth helps me stave off cravings. *Bonus* I can count it as exercise.

Plus rabbit meat only has about 60% of the calories that beef has - so it is the lower calorie option.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I have found catching rabbits with my teeth helps me stave off cravings. *Bonus* I can count it as exercise.

Plus rabbit meat only has about 60% of the calories that beef has - so it is the lower calorie option.

I'm on a raw diet, so I eat the rabbit raw, is there any benefit to that?
  • crazynay96
    Options
    ]

That does sound pretty good...I dont really crave chocolate just junk food...chips and dips, pizza, or anything else I dont normally eat...

so have you tried the special k cracker chips? They are with the crackers at the grocery store... I like them... mix between a rice cake and a chip... I think they are good. They have salt and sour cream and onion... a serving is 27 chips!!! :) and its only like 120 calories or something...

I'm not a pizza fan however my husband brought me home this one night I thought it was to die for... 1/3 of the pizza is 350 calories which is a very generous portion. http://www.amys.com/products/product-detail/details/000193
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have found catching rabbits with my teeth helps me stave off cravings. *Bonus* I can count it as exercise.

Well they've never made my dog sick, so I would say go for it! But definitely buy some hairball remedy if you don't skin it.
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    Just remeber: so you gave into your cravings, now hit the gym, put it in the past.

Now you have a game plan for next month:) I'm the same way, the week before my TOM it's like everything i eat is chinese food and i'm starving an hour later, so I up my protein and fiber, drink tons of water and keep all the junk out of the house. My house is so devoid of snack foods people probably think i'm crazy:happy:

also I try to have things to do that can take my mind off of my craving, like doing something with my hands (crafting, coloring with my son). I find if my hands are to busy to stuff my face it's easier for me to handle.

Good luck:smile:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Well they've never made my dog sick, so I would say go for it! But definitely buy some hairball remedy if you don't skin it.

Does the hairball removal stuff count as clean? I'm doing a raw/clean thing...I don't want to mess it up because of hairball remover...but I heard that skining the rabbit removed some of the nutrition so I don't...
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I am not allowed to have food when I am in the red tent - but I do sneak out to catch catfish with my bare hands when the men folk aren't around.

:flowerforyou:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Basically I resist for as long as possible (about 3 days) trying to eat alternatives, and then I say *kitten* it and give in and binge. I log the binge, I only do it on a workout day, I move on. Every month I know it's coming and I accept this about myself, because I have my f*cking period so I do what I want.
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Keep A LOT of fruit in your house! And Special K cracker chips! That way, when you want to eat everything in sight, everything in sight is healthy! :)
  • awal2069
    awal2069 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I try to not give in, but come on, those cravings are horrible. I do eat small amounts of chocolate, like a hershey kiss or a dark chocolate square. I get both salty and chocolate cravings. Eating the wheat thin reduced fat help with that.
    Good Luck.... Oh the joys of being woman!
    9237248.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • awal2069
    awal2069 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    P.S. - Another thing that has helped me SO MUCH in that department is being put in the Seasonique. LOVE IT TO PIECES. I only have "that time" four - YES 4 times a year. It is wonderful. Might want to ask your dr. about it if your interested.
  • kathied41
    Options
    I have sugar free popsicles and sugar free puddings and fruit. I can go thru almost a whole box of the popsicles in 2-3 days when I crave-its better than ice cream which I used to eat.
    Kathie