Throwing up water in the mornings?

Options
I normally enjoy a glass of water before I go to bed and when I get up in the morning. This morning, however, I vomited the water back up. No upset stomach or other symptoms. I have had acid reflux problems in the past, but that’s only after I have eaten something. Is there anyone else who have had this problem? What did you find out?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    That doesn’t really make sense because the water doesn’t sit in your stomach all night. It gets absorbed and flows through your system
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Did you drink it too fast?
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others that if it's just this morning, I wouldn't worry about it. If you continue to have trouble holding things down, or it continues to happen in the mornings, then it is worth getting checked out. But once I would just chalk it up to weirdness.
  • lyght1
    lyght1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses! I will just keep an eye on it for a while then.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    It is cold, flu, and viral infection season. You could be coming down with something, pregnant, or it was just random one off occurrence.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Water affects my GERD/acid reflux if I drink too much too fast or if I drink and haven't eaten in a while.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    That doesn’t really make sense because the water doesn’t sit in your stomach all night. It gets absorbed and flows through your system

They said they drink in the morning too.

OP - A hiatal hernia can do that, and it could explain the acid reflux too. It's a pretty common condition, especially if you were ever overweight or pregnant. If it happens again, mention it to your Dr.