45 down, 27 to go!

I have struggled with my weight basically since around age 10. I used food as a comfort/relaxation tool and had no self-control. I'm pretty sure in my early 20s, I drank actual water a handful of times in a year. I lived on pop and fast food!

Fast forward to my 30s. I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 and learned I was only able to have children via IVF. I managed to get pregnant and have my first child through IVF, but the pregnancy was so rough! I was put on bedrest at the end and I was in the hospital for 10 days afterwards. I had to deliver early, so my baby was also in NICU. I felt so incredibly guilty.

Never again! I have gotten rid of 45 lbs and they are never coming back. I'm working on losing my last 27 and I can't wait to see how much better I feel!

Please feel free to add me. I love meeting new people and getting motivation from each of you!

jeng6b0uwynk.jpg
o1pdz58mzzaj.jpg

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Great motivator and great job so far. I am down 75 + plus and am T2 diabetic so understand all about that. You look great in your update pic! Keep up the good work.
  • glowupwithmel
    glowupwithmel Posts: 8 Member
    Great motivator and great job so far. I am down 75 + plus and am T2 diabetic so understand all about that. You look great in your update pic! Keep up the good work.

being T2 is so frustrating :(
  • Wow you look great add me please I don’t know how to add I need advice on what did you eat did you just stay with calorie count cause I am pre Diabetic
  • Blooperss
    Blooperss Posts: 42 Member
    I like how in your after pic, your sweater is so much thicker and yet you look so much thinner! Amazing job!!! Def some motivation on this Sunday night!
  • kengel01
    kengel01 Posts: 1 Member
    Fantastic job! Did or do you use meds for your diabetes? I'm an editor at a healthcare publisher and would love to learn more. Thanks!
  • nicholasdyoung
    nicholasdyoung Posts: 15 Member
    Well done to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!