Hungry all day today, getting worried?

After 1.5 years and losing 73 pounds I really haven't been hungry like I'm starving myself because I haven't. I just ate right, lots of protein, low fat, cutting down on carbs but today for some reason I've been freaking hungry all day and it's starting to worry. This is how I used to feel when I tried to lose weight in the past the wrong way which would cause me to give up. Today I have been starving all say and I pretty much ate like I always do. I are dinner about an hour ago, my usual grilled chicken strips, riced cauliflower and some roasted red peppers and now I'm getting hunger pains. I don't remember getting this much of at on this entire journey. I don't get it? Any ideas? I'm getting really nervous because I don't know why.

Replies

• OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    The thing is I have been trying to lose this last 10-15 pounds for 6 months and getting really, really annoyed. I mean really annoyed. I've been bouncing around between 199 and 204 for 6-8 months when I want to be 190-185. I really don't know what to do here?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Guess, definitely not scientific knowledge. Hold on a few more days, then enjoy the “whoosh”.
  • OAS5
    Guess, definitely not scientific knowledge. Hold on a few more days, then enjoy the “whoosh”.

I wish that were true. I've been waiting on a woosh for 6 months. Thanks
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Do you eat the same things day in day out? Maybe it IS time for a bit of a break, change your foods up, do a different activity for exercise. Your body's telling you something, maybe 'I'm bored with this diet, I want something new!' :) You can switch foods around without upping your calories much. Might be just what your body needs to restart it's engines. Good luck!!
  • OAS5
    And today it's totally different and better. Thank goodness for that. Yesterday from the minute I woke up I was starving till the time I went to bed I was starving. This morning woke up as normal and had Oatmeal which is very different for me. I usually eat Skyre or Yogurt. I'm rededicating myself now to lose this last 10-15 pounds. Maybe this was a good thing that I went through yesterday?
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    I say this a lot but, do you weigh everything that goes in your mouth on a food scale?
  • OAS5
    I say this a lot but, do you weigh everything that goes in your mouth on a food scale?

No, but I did your morning. I had Oatmeal and I measured the milk.
  • purplebobkat
    purplebobkat Posts: 68 Member
    This is a bit of a curve ball........a stomach ulcer can feel like hunger pangs.

I had one, felt like I was starving after I had eaten.

It's probably not an ulcer, but if your eating a good sized meal & then feeling hungry it might be worth checking.

Alternatively protein & fat helps you feel full, you could add some nuts, or olive oil, or cheese you your meals.

Good luck!!🤗
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    What is your height, weight, and daily calories?
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    OAS5 wrote: »

No, but I did your morning. I had Oatmeal and I measured the milk.

The closer you get to a healthy weight, the more on point your calorie counting may need to be. Especially aa you've been struggling to lose your last 10lb to 15lb for 6 months.

I agree taking a diet break as already explained, will really help. Then continue with your efforts to lose the rest of weight needed. (Presuming your aiming for a healthy bmi).

But suggest you get/use a food scale and be meticulous with logging. Checking for correct data base entries. Then I'm certain you'll see results.

Check out the diet break thread as suggested, this really helped me in my final push.

There is another thread worth looking at about the importance of using a food scale. Hoping someone can step in and provide link for you.
  • OAS5
    I'm 5.7 about 200 pounds now, down from 272. 190 is the goal because I was there once and liked it, plus BMI is under obese. It's a totally different day today. No idea what was going on yesterday but I was starving all day. Opposite today, all under control.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Off the wall question..... but you can confirm that in the past 18 months you've had your normal low days and a few higher days either eating out or holidays, or what have you, which were at the very least at a maintenance calorie level, right?

You haven't been at the exact same/similar diet intake the whole time without an occasional maintenance level day... right?
  • OAS5
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Off the wall question..... but you can confirm that in the past 18 months you've had your normal low days and a few higher days either eating out or holidays, or what have you, which were at the very least at a maintenance calorie level, right?

You haven't been at the exact same/similar diet intake the whole time without an occasional maintenance level day... right?

Definitely had some eat at or close to maintenance days at times, mostly on weekends.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    My only other comment then would be that IF a quick self check confirms that your hunger signals are not coming from sources that should not be listened to in order for you to lose weight successfully (I am thinking bored/happy/grumpy/similar or tastes too good not to eat more or some such), then an occasional maintenance day (or even two) if you're getting such signals may not be a terrible idea.

On the subject, I saw that you changed what you're eating a bit. As you know, it is the total calories that count, yada, yada. Within that, I personally found over the past few years that, for me, YES, occasionally changing up makes things appear more filling when re-introduced. So oatmeal and cream of wheat were more filling the second time around. Not eating my tub of yogurt/cereal combo for the better part of a month made it more filling when I re-introduced it. and what have you...
  • caprihana
    caprihana Posts: 38 Member
    I got stuck for over a year, then in September I changed my diet and stopped counting calories, since then I've lost 4Kgs in 4 months.