CRUISIN' FOR LOSIN' Sept. challenge (Closed group): Team For

Options

Replies

• areittinger
    areittinger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Holy S*! I didnt know i could move my body like that, I Finished day 1. the Globe jumps were by far the most difficult for me. I had to do most of them in sections but i finished!!
  • areittinger
    Options
    :op
  • areittinger
    Options
    THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1.

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Shut the front door i didnt even see this! I did the hard ones!!
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    OK that's me done for the day, exercises done, water drunk and food logged and under :o))

Good luck to everyone else

Mandy xx
  • dids01
    dids01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    done todays exercises woo hoo
    just got a bit more water to do, but drink it I will
  • ShaoonaRae
    ShaoonaRae Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am so behind everyone else time wise, hahaha. I'm on a third shift schedule. Good morning all! :p
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    To Areitting: :laugh: sorry i had to laugh! But that is great! Now you know you can do the hard work outs! More power to ya! Feel free to switch on and off.
    **But remember everyone the harder you work out the better results you will see!**

Great job Mandy and Dids01!! I to have finished today's work out! Now just working on the other stuff (water/food)!

ShaoonaRae No worries girl! But goodmorning to ya! You can either let me know right when you finished the work outs or later on. For ex: "I finished the exercises for thurs-sat."
    But i perfer to know asap just so i know we're all right on track!
    Thank you!

Great job everyone on the first day! Keep up the good work! We are getting that much closer to our goals!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    gonna do my exercises after I get out of work this afternoon....and then go for a run outside... cant wait :)

Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice! Putting in some extra effort with the run! Thats what i like to hear!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    Just wanted to wish everyone the best for the start of something great!!! I really hope we all reach our goals at the end of this!!! :)

We can and we will!!! I have faith! As long as everyone gives 100% effort!
    I know i will be! :)

although...... weekends are scary for me! But i'm a captain/leader so i wont let you guys down!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    ATTENTION TEAM!!!
    From Gary (the brains of this whole opperation):

O.K. Let's start this week off right! Since we are short this week I'm offering a mini-challenge. Remember Gym Class? Do you remember doing the bear walk? As a side mini-challenge you don't have to ever do the mini-challenges. But if you'd like to earn your team an extra point bearwalk for 3 minutes. Seems easy but it has to be a constant bear walk constantly moving for 3 minutes. You might be surprised! If you do the bear walk at the end of the week ask them to add one point to your team score! if you choose not too or cannot perform the mini-challenge its all good! This is just something to get our challenge up and running! So there it is FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE a Constant 3 minute Bearwalk.

Here is a video of how to do the bear walk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8RJsjVISY
    Sorry it's a little long but it explains how to do it very well!

So what do you say guys?? Are you in?? I am!! Who's got what it takes to do the first mini challenge?
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    ALSO FROM GARY:

SEPT CHALLENGE FOLKS THAT ARE USING THE BUSHMEN SERIES EXERCISES! I forgot to add that you need to being each day with a tabata 4 minute start. I am using this young woman's series. Its great but you have to stay in time with her. 20 seconds hard core 10 seconds rest for minutes. It will push you hard and will shape and tone large muscle group areas. Make sure everyday starts with a tabata no matter what the challenge is! The video is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkCnNrxHwFE&feature=youtube_gdata_player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM&feature=youtube_gdata_player here is another one she does she has several!

Do YOU have four minutes?
    Even if you aren't doing the bushmen series you should check out the exersice! It's really easy and a good work out! ONLY TAKES FOUR MINUTES!
    Try it out team!
    I did it this morning!
  • verair
    verair Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've done the exercises... how do I log them?

And is the mini challenge only one day?
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    Great job Verair. I'm not to sure how to log them yet. I'm working on it though. :) the mini challenge just has to be done by this week. :) So Sunday.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    do you want everyday if we are under, do exercise, and drink at least 64 oz or by sunday?!?! (if you want it daily then i did all)

and I did the bear walk (SO glad none of my family was watching when I did it)

FYI I did the advanced ones and in 18 min I burnt around 164 calories according to my HRM (so hopefully that can give you some rough idea) and that doesnt include the 4 minute tabatha...but man does that tabatha tiring
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    do you want everyday if we are under, do exercise, and drink at least 64 oz or by sunday?!?! (if you want it daily then i did all)

and I did the bear walk (SO glad none of my family was watching when I did it)

FYI I did the advanced ones and in 18 min I burnt around 164 calories according to my HRM (so hopefully that can give you some rough idea) and that doesnt include the 4 minute tabatha...but man does that tabatha tiring

I am so impressed with your effort! please don't lose this spark because you are doing amazing!! You did everything i did and more!! i have yet to do the Bear Walk. But i plan on doing it tonight when i have time or tomorrow morning along with all my other exercises!
    So glad to call you my teammate! Hard work pays off for sure! Don't forget that! Keep it up girl!! :happy:
  • janiecorona
    Options
    Day 1 of pygmy series complete! It was easy! Makes me think about doing the bushman series but that list still overwhelms me.

I would like to do the mini-challenge too; although, I will have to look at the video because I don't know what the a bear walk is but I will fit it in tomorrow.(:

I walked an extra mile today because I got the days mixed up but I will still do an extra mile tomorrow. (that extra mile helped me stay under my calories today anyway, so I'm glad I did it!)
  • ShaoonaRae
    ShaoonaRae Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the normal exercises for now. It's that time of the month, and I have endometriosis. So it's somewhat of a hard time for me depending on my pain level. Plus, it seems to be worse this month. I think it's because of weight loss. My cycle is normally longer. :x
  • janiecorona
    Options
    I'm doing the normal exercises for now. It's that time of the month, and I have endometriosis. So it's somewhat of a hard time for me depending on my pain level. Plus, it seems to be worse this month. I think it's because of weight loss. My cycle is normally longer. :x

I got the birth control shot and I stopped it around April. Since then my TOM averages about 2-3 weeks a month! Now, that's ridiculous. It bites. >.< I'm hoping because of my running and diet it will slow down soon.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of pygmy series complete! It was easy! Makes me think about doing the bushman series but that list still overwhelms me.

the bushman is hard but doable...take the bushman and do it in sets instead of everything all at once or ease into it
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Well that's me done for the day exercises done, did 5k instead of the mile, water well exceeded and far to many calories to eat today :o)

Will get tomorrow's exercises done at some point but I am visiting a local university all day with my son, so lots of walking calories will be done there!

Oops will get my bear walk in at some point too.