Holiday Weight Gain

The holidays are always a difficult time for me to maintain my goals. So much food and drinks and family! Time to get back at it. Let's help eachother. How much did you gain and how much do you want to lose? I gained 7lbs in just over a month! :s but It can be corrected!

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    I didn't weight myself. But I'm back on track too. January is such a great month to concentrate on personal goals. The weather is lousy and it is so dark...it seems easier to stick to a healthy eating plan. My goal is to be back to my fighting weight by early spring. I'm off to a great start..it took the first week of January to get totally into the groove. But..it is all good. Best of luck to you.
  • JadeMC42
    JadeMC42 Posts: 25 Member
    Thanks. I have my first fitness test on Wednesday. It will be a first class score, but worried about maxing the pull-up portion and I know my run time has suffered. It's ok though. I have lifting and cardio training 4 times a day this season. I'll get there! Good luck to you too! Keep it up!
  • JadeMC42
    A week* not a day!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I'm not weighing myself until February, I know I've put on but I really dont want the disappointment of knowing how much. I've purged the house of things that will derail me, had a shopping session and planned out my meals for the week. Tomorrow is my restart day.
  • JadeMC42
    A little cheat snack is ok every now and then. You will get back at it.
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    I am only weighing myself at month end. I’m starting a 5 day Nekter juice program tomorrow. It’s enough of a kick start to help me boost my confidence and it’s only 5 days so I know I can do it. It’s seems like it’s so easy to gain it and so hard and so slow to lose. I’ve also started increasing my excercise to increase my calories burned. Hopefully my end of month weigh in won’t be too painful.
  • JadeMC42
    I'm sure it wont be too bad. I find weekly weigh ins keep me on track better than monthly but not daily.