Not losing weight

And kinda bummed about it! I know i shouldn't care about the number on the scale but I do. I've been the same damn weight since a week after I had my third child. It's annoying. I've been doing kickboxing regularly and now I am doing Hammer and Chisel program AND Country Heat. Last week I did the 3 day quick fix and lost 5.4lbs and apparently I've gained it all back. Hooowwww. I eat 1250 calories per day. I've been drinking at least 100 ounces of water a day. My calorie burn from exercise per day is between 300-550.

What the hell?! Advice?! I remember after my second child I did multiple rounds of 21 day fix and lost 22lbs in 3 months. Why not this time?! I know I've definitely gained muscle and know muscle weighs more than fat but I'd still like to ideally be 140lbs. I'm 5'8" and currently stuck between 165 and 170.

Replies

• JoeWellnessCoach
    JoeWellnessCoach Posts: 1 Member
    Hi,
    I understand how frustrating this can be. As you've mentioned, muscle does weight more than fat. I know it's easier said then done, but if you remove the total body weight and look at your body composition. Has your fat% decreased, stayed the same?
    It may be many factors like age, breast feeding, your macros and calories etc. How long have you been currently on this exercise program for?
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    tapwaters wrote: »
    You gained it back because you probably only lost water weight. Do you weigh what you eat with a food scale and log every calorie, drinks and condiments included?

I do!
    5.4lb lost in 3 days is mostly water weight and perhaps a little fat, as soon as you go back to eating normally the water weight goes back on. Look long term not 3 day fixes.

Choose a suitable rate of loss that's 0.5-1lb for the amount you have to lose, which for someone who is 5'8" should be a lot higher than 1250. Log your food accurately (don't guesstimate portion sizes) and consistently and be conservative in your approach to exercise calorie burns (50% is a good starting point), give it 4-6 weeks and review your progress.

pilzy38jgquo.jpg

I was hoping the 3 day quick fix would get my butt in gear to eat right and log properly as before I was just eyeballing things and "eating less". Since then I have been logging accurately, using the kitchen scale to weigh things, etc.

Hi,
    I understand how frustrating this can be. As you've mentioned, muscle does weight more than fat. I know it's easier said then done, but if you remove the total body weight and look at your body composition. Has your fat% decreased, stayed the same?
    It may be many factors like age, breast feeding, your macros and calories etc. How long have you been currently on this exercise program for?

I'm not sure what my body fat % is, I'll have to calculate that. I've definitely lost inches. I've been kickboxing off and on for the last year but most recently I've been working out every day for the last 3 months at least. I'm currently on day 20 of the current program.
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    RGv2 wrote: »
    venuila wrote: »
    And kinda bummed about it! I know i shouldn't care about the number on the scale but I do. I've been the same damn weight since a week after I had my third child. It's annoying. I've been doing kickboxing regularly and now I am doing Hammer and Chisel program AND Country Heat. Last week I did the 3 day quick fix and lost 5.4lbs and apparently I've gained it all back. Hooowwww. I eat 1250 calories per day. I've been drinking at least 100 ounces of water a day. My calorie burn from exercise per day is between 300-550.

What the hell?! Advice?! I remember after my second child I did multiple rounds of 21 day fix and lost 22lbs in 3 months. Why not this time?! I know I've definitely gained muscle and know muscle weighs more than fat but I'd still like to ideally be 140lbs. I'm 5'8" and currently stuck between 165 and 170.

A couple of questions:

A ) Are you eating back exercise calories back?

B ) How are you measuring your 1250 calories? Are you weighing everything?

C ) If your numbers are remotely correct, I doubt that you gained appreciable muscle....especially that would show on the scale. Your deficit would just be too steep. It's possible that you're maintaining muscle mass while reducing your overall BF%. It's also possible/probable that you're retaining water from exercise, specifically if it's a new regime or you've recently upped the intensity.

No, I don't eat the calories burned from exercise back.

Weighing on kitchen scale

I have definitely upped the intensity. Maybe I used the wrong words ...my bad...maybe not gained muscle but definitely see more muscle definition. :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    RGv2 wrote: »

A couple of questions:

A ) Are you eating back exercise calories back?

B ) How are you measuring your 1250 calories? Are you weighing everything?

C ) If your numbers are remotely correct, I doubt that you gained appreciable muscle....especially that would show on the scale. Your deficit would just be too steep. It's possible that you're maintaining muscle mass while reducing your overall BF%. It's also possible/probable that you're retaining water from exercise, specifically if it's a new regime or you've recently upped the intensity.

No, I don't eat the calories burned from exercise back.

Weighing on kitchen scale

I have definitely upped the intensity. Maybe I used the wrong words ...my bad...maybe not gained muscle but definitely see more muscle definition. :)

It's probably just a case of the water weight masking the loss. You've not a lot to lose and so weight loss will be (and ought to be) slow. Just keep doing what you're doing but maybe change your weight loss to a slower rate.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    It's only a week. Don't stress about it, just keep doing what you're doing, the process does work. Come back in another 3 weeks and tell us what happened. I'm kind of in the same boat, but chock it up to gaining muscle and retaining water.