Long horn steakhouse. What do i order that wont completely kill my calorie count for day

Options
2»

Replies

• Blooperss
    Blooperss Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Honestly if it's just once a month and you are consistent the rest of the month, go crazy, just don't weigh yourself when you get home or the day after. I have a cheat meal 1-2 times a week whenever I calorie count and it never affected my overall progress. I get that we're all trying to lose weight, but still gotta live and enjoy life from time to time :smile:
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    This may have been mentioned already, but I would just order what you want and eat half. Take the other half home for lunch the next day.

Often times for me, Resturaunt portions are so big I can't eat everything (comfortably) anyways. But if the whole meal is 1500ish calories eating only half puts you in the 750ish calories realm. Making it a little easier to fit into your day. (Twice, admittedly ).

If you are concerend about the health aspects of what you are eating, plug it in to your diary ahead of time.
    A) You save time deciding what to eat AND don't have to search and log as much when you get to the resturaunt.
    B ) You can see ahead of time what that meal may potentially do to your macros for the day. You may find you can fit in most everything you will want if you know baout it far enough in advance and can plan the rest of your day accordingly.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Whatever you order, do what I do and simply NOT try to eat all of the serving at once. Take significant portion home for another meal later. I think the last time I was in Longhorn Steakhouse was 2015 when someone gave me a gift card as a retirement gift. I have no idea what their menu even is.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Is eating light during the day and option? I mean, its once a month, its not a cheap place to eat. Might as well eat light the day before, or eat light during the day of and splurge for dinner. Thats just me.