Mexican chicken salad - turned out great!

Options
JennJ323
JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
edited January 2020 in Recipes
I found this recipe on Pinterest and made a bunch yesterday to have for lunches all week. It was a pretty simple recipe, takes a little chopping and mixing, but overall easy. If you like taco dip and chicken salad, it's like the two had a baby! It was great, I ate it with multi-grain tortilla chips but it would also be great on a croissant or on top of a green salad.

I did tweak the recipe a bit, I used a single-serving size container of plain Greek yogurt and 1/2C of light mayo to make it the consistency I wanted. I also nixed the green chilis and used taco sauce instead of enchilada sauce. I used the recipe builder and for my particular recipe it's 202 calories, 7g carbs, 23g protein and 8g fat per serving - decent sized serving too! I like this recipe because you can really make it your own, adding whatever you typically like on your tacos.

Just thought I'd share, I really enjoyed this and will definitely make it again!

https://www.thecookierookie.com/mexican-chicken-salad-sandwiches/

zonibwhz2edq.jpg

Replies

• kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That does sound really tasty! Thanks for the recipe!😊
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Is this high in sodium? It sounds sooo good
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,607 Member
    Options
    I do a vaguely Mexican chicken salad that is dead easy. Chopped up leftover chicken, a chopped avocado, a jar of commercial salsa. Mix together and garnish with fresh coriander.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Is this high in sodium? It sounds sooo good

It's not too terrible, you can sub low sodium taco seasoning (or make your own). I only used half a packet of seasoning for the whole dish, so it's not a lot. That's really the only high-sodium item in the ingredients. It's delish!
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    @JennJ323 thanks!!