NFC Championship

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
DIE HARD 49er fan and I'm more than sure that the 9ers are headed to the Superbowl! Time to jack up the Pack! And personally I don't care who we face after, it's the 9ers year this year!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    A niners/Chiefs super bowl would be interesting. Fast, relentless D against a high flying offense.... I admire what the Titans have done, but do not think it would end well in the Super Bowl for them. Of course, there are peple wanting a Pack/Chiefs championship because that was the first Super Bowl and this is the 100th year of the NFL, but, not the 100th year of the Super Bowl, so I'm not sure why that even matters to people.

The 9ers have me perplexed because they have all this defensive power but didn't finish the season as strong as one would have thought. Good luck to you and your team though.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    49ers look great, but being that I'm a Chiefs fan I want them to lose this week. :D Chiefs have their good games, but also make some crappy mistakes and if our defense is off then there is no way we could win the Superbowl. Fingers crossed our defense brings it's A game, especially if we get the chance to play the 49ers.

PS I was able to attend the last game where we came back and won and WOW it was an amazing sight!
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Go Niners! Been a fan for over 30 years. This is our year! Although, there's lots of rumblings about a remake of SuperBowl I... Packers and Chiefs. Conspiracy theorist say the NFL will try to rig it. I don't believe that. It'll be too obvious.

The Niners have a very healthy defense. This is the D they had when they had the #1 D in the league. The Packers O line will have their work cut out for them. The Niners aren't a blitzing team but I see them blitzing some this weekend.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    My biggest concern for the 49ers would be that they seem to be reticent to let Jimmy G make more than one mistake. After the early INT they ran something on the order of 30 running plays out of the remaining 36 plays this past week. They were able to get the win against Minnesota but that might not translate to enough points against Rodgers or Mahomes. The defense getting healthy makes a huge difference though.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    As an Eagles fan, I’m glad the Seahawks lost, and I hop in’ that Andy gets a ring this year.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I'm only here for the cheerleaders.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    My biggest concern for the 49ers would be that they seem to be reticent to let Jimmy G make more than one mistake. After the early INT they ran something on the order of 30 running plays out of the remaining 36 plays this past week. They were able to get the win against Minnesota but that might not translate to enough points against Rodgers or Mahomes. The defense getting healthy makes a huge difference though.

I've been saying this about JG all season. Truly, he is a decent QB. He just has awesome targets like George Kittle, Emmanuel Sanders, and Deebo Samuel. His TD to INT ratio is not that of an excellent QB. His pass game beyond 5 yards needs some work.
  • steveko89
    Options

I've been saying this about JG all season. Truly, he is a decent QB. He just has awesome targets like George Kittle, Emmanuel Sanders, and Deebo Samuel. His TD to INT ratio is not that of an excellent QB. His pass game beyond 5 yards needs some work.

Getting too conservative, especially against the Chiefs (if they both advance) can be detrimental though; just ask Bill O'Brien.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Eagles fan, so of course my rooting interest has dropped some. NFC: Packers and 49ers have already won...alot!! AFC: I am with the previous post, it would be great if Andy Reid finally raised the Lombardi after all these years! However, my true tendancy (when my teams are out) is to favor teams that have never won it all and this time it's the Titans (and the spirits of their ancestor team, the Houston Oilers)!
    It was a lot fun rooting for the Nationals in World Series despite them a direct rival of my Phillies.
    Enjoy the games!
  • HarveysBud
    HarveysBud Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    49ers look great, but being that I'm a Chiefs fan I want them to lose this week. :D Chiefs have their good games, but also make some crappy mistakes and if our defense is off then there is no way we could win the Superbowl. Fingers crossed our defense brings it's A game, especially if we get the chance to play the 49ers.

PS I was able to attend the last game where we came back and won and WOW it was an amazing sight!

I'm very jealous!!
  • wolverine66
    Options

Getting too conservative, especially against the Chiefs (if they both advance) can be detrimental though; just ask Bill O'Brien.

I don't think the Texans were conservative. They just panicked.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    Go Niners! Been a fan for over 30 years. This is our year! Although, there's lots of rumblings about a remake of SuperBowl I... Packers and Chiefs. Conspiracy theorist say the NFL will try to rig it. I don't believe that. It'll be too obvious.

The Niners have a very healthy defense. This is the D they had when they had the #1 D in the league. The Packers O line will have their work cut out for them. The Niners aren't a blitzing team but I see them blitzing some this weekend.

"too obvious." They don't care. The refs make huge mistakes, the NFL apologizes after and the refs are not held accountable and the weeks move on.

I'm not saying that the fix will be in, just that "too obvious" is not the reason.
  • steveko89
    Options

I don't think the Texans were conservative. They just panicked.

Primarily I was referring to the choice to kick a FG on 4th and <1 deep in enemy territory. Even if they don't get it there KC still only gets the ball in favorable field position for Houston's defense. They had a chance to really step on the Chief's throat and go up 28-0 (if they score) but they eschewed the analytics and kicked a chip shot. When Hardman nearly ran the kick back it ignited the sliver of hope KC had left and it was all down hill from there. All it took was a single decision of misapplied conservativeness and it turned the tide. Favorable matchups and circumstances aside, KC reiterated they're capable of putting up points in bunches and I'm not convinced the 49ers offense can keep up with that level or production if they keep the training wheels on Garoppolo.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Joe Montana needs to have a big game.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Negative. They need to bench him and let Steve Young have a go. That kid has a future.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    Negative. They need to bench him and let Steve Young have a go. That kid has a future.

Steve Young?

....... nah, he'll never amount to anything.
  • wolverine66
    Options

Steve Young?

ha ha - it's funny because they haven't played since the 90's! hoo boy!
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Steve Young?

ha ha - it's funny because they haven't played since the 90's! hoo boy!

get off my lawn.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Steve Young?

Yea you are right. You know who I think is s hall of famer in the making. Jeff Garcia.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Steve Young?

Yea you are right. You know who I think is s hall of famer in the making. Jeff Garcia.

Garcia ? Hall of Fame ??

No Doubt About It.