stop me from having a binge!

Options
at home alone, tempted to reach for the food! have hit my limit today, so come on and motivate me to stap away from the fridge!! :)

Replies

• hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Go work out instead! Then, if you're still hungry or craving, you can treat yourself as long as it's within the limits of whatever you burned!
  • rpugliese001
    Options
    Try going for a fast pace walk for 30 min or run
  • shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    Options
    good advice :)
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    "run, Forrest, run"

(Then clean out your cupboards and fridge of ALL the junk food. "Binge" on a watermellon.... mmmmm yum!)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Don't binge.
  • saraeastman
    Options
    I like that idea, get a workout in and then you'll totally earn a healthy snack. Keep your goal in mind! You can do it!
  • ennaejay
    Options
    Either go for a walk outside, have a tall glass of ice water (crunch on the ice too), or reach INTO your fridge and pick an apple, some carrots, or something that makes your jaw work. And there's always air-popped popcorn. If you need to eat, make a good choice!!! :flowerforyou:

Or some frozen banana blended with whey protein, fills me up every time! Or oats in the mike with some cinnamon and raisins! Don't binge, just eat something small enough to hold you til the next mealtime or til you burn some wicked calories and "earn" a steak :)
  • livlinde
    Options
    don't do it! try to remember how frustrating life is post-binge!
  • slimdownspicey
    slimdownspicey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    take a tylenol pm...or smoke but smoke so much you don't have the motivation to eat

i am the queen of bad influences =)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hit your pinky with a hammer really hard. You totally won't be hungry.
  • andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    if you really want it go and do a walk or a workout before hand so that way you wont feel as guilty... if you do have it without exercise there is a good chance you will be up on the scales next week and not only that but your gonna feel like crap straight after a binge and youll kick yourself for it... not a nice feeling.... remember why you joined MFP... and your doing so well dont mess it up now :(:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    exercising is always great when you are craving. :) Get up and move and you will feel better afterwards. :)
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Go for a brisk walk or do something away from the house. But don't binge....
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    The weather is pretty this time of year....A walk seems nice....
  • lewisduckie02
    lewisduckie02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT.......YOU WILL REGRET IT AS SOON AS YOU FINISH... I too am like that, if I'm bored and home alone I want to eat anything not nailed down.... so don't do it!!!!!!!! keep up the good work
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of working out and earning yourself a treat.
  • ennaejay
    Options
    p.s. nobody can stop you but YOU. :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • chelseagirl1980
    Options
    wow 7 replies in a minute! thanks guys!

i have already been to the gym today so have decided to run a bath and read my book to take my mind off food! also chewing sugar free gum which helps me stop wanting anything!
    i can do this! :)
  • whatsyour1020
    Options
    "That feeling in your stomach right now. That is your fat melting away. Keep going. You can do this."
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. Eat every 2-3 hours so you will not be hungry.

Oh and don't buy junk food. Don't even keep it in the house.