Levi’s 501 pride

In college, I loved wearing Levi’s 501 button front jeans. It’s been more than a decade since I’ve owned any. Two months ago I bought a new pair, in the size I wore in college. This morning I tried them on and they fit! I could cry with happiness, to be able to do something that I never thought I’d be able to do again. A pair of pants is trivial compared with how much healthier I feel (down 23 pounds with 11 more to go), but I’m just so dang happy about it.

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited January 2020
    Fantastic progress, congrats! I had a pair of “goal pants” and know the feeling when you finally fit into them comfortably, great job! :)
  • timmysmom2015
    timmysmom2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Awesome 👍. I love 501s and may make a pair a "reward"!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,111 Member
    I've worn Shrink-to-fit 501s forever. Several years ago I had to go up in size even though the shrink "to fit" and do stretch a little bit. I was just about to need even BIGGER sizes before I started this journey.

Last time I bought some, they were smaller again. Even those are getting too loose, so I was 'em in hotter water than I like. I keep the older ones. I can wear them with a belt, and they don't look QUITE like clown pants yet, but they are for sure too big. Have to wear a belt. Fine for chores around the house - save the newer ones for work and times I need clothes that fit better. Perhaps the NEXT pair will be even smaller still.

I got some uniform pants for work. I was afraid to order the size I ordered, but I am so glad I did. They were a tiny bit tight at first, and I worried they would shrink. Alas - they were pre-shrunk, so they didn't get smaller. But I did, and now they fit great!

I just bought a pair of shorts at the second hand shop that should NOT fit according to the size number from the factory. They certainly aren't loose, but they weren't so tight as to make me put them back on the rack. I hope they are fun to wear, and I won't even need a belt! I bought some nice shorts right before my journey, and man they fall off now.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I had some size 6 Levis 505 jeans I bought about 12 yrs. ago. I loved them but got rid of them all when I went up to 12s and figured I'd never see size 6 again. :( Levis have changed their materials or something; added more elastine maybe, because they no longer feel or wear the way they did then. Man, I wish I had those jeans back. :( I can fit into 6's again, if I tried but keep hanging with my loose-fitting 8's because I haven't found jeans I like yet. :/

Congrats on getting back into your jeans lady!!! It's definitely a good feeling isn't it??
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    There are no small rewards when they make you feel as good as they do—jeans or anything else. Best to all.
  • SenzaParole03
    SenzaParole03 Posts: 7 Member
    Once in my entire life I went in a Levi's shop to look at jeans. I was (am) a UK 18-20. They brought me some of 'the biggest we have in the women's section' and none even did up. I just could never imagine ever in my life wearing Levi's.

It's funny but some clothes are powerful in making you realise how you're succeeding, they can symbolise it. Well done.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    In high school our saying was "love tight buns in 501's" haha! Bought hubs a pair from Kohl's last Christmas tho and they were so stiff and heavy, wondering if they've changed since the 80's or we just needed to wash and dry them more🤷 congratulations on your goal, that's awesome!
  • YadaYadaYada64
    YadaYadaYada64 Posts: 50 Member
    Loved those jeans, didn’t know they still made them! Fun 😃
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    Once in my entire life I went in a Levi's shop to look at jeans. I was (am) a UK 18-20. They brought me some of 'the biggest we have in the women's section' and none even did up. I just could never imagine ever in my life wearing Levi's.

It's funny but some clothes are powerful in making you realise how you're succeeding, they can symbolise it. Well done.

I love anything colorful. I went into a Desigual store a couple of years ago, and left crushed. The only thing that would fit me was a scarf.

Went into one right after Christmas, and was trying on their S and XS. And most their stuff still didn’t fit. I don’t know what body type they cut for, but it sure wasn’t mine.

Strangely the brand that fits like a glove now is Calvin Klein but I’m too too cheap unless it’s at TJ Maxx or the like.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!