Stagnated Weight!

Options
Nimbkar
Nimbkar Posts: 67 Member
I have been exercising 3-5 times a week for ~ 40 mins. And try my best to stay true to intermittent fasting window of 8 hours from 12 pm -8 pm. But I have not lost any weight in the last month.
So it seems that even with intermittent fasting, I should stay within my MFP caloric allowance or I shall not see results.
I am convinced that I am not creating any deficit although I feel like I am being vigilant , I am actually eating maintenance calories ! Ouch!
Am a right?

Replies

• Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is what leads to weight loss. It doesn't matter when you eat those calories.
    Do you weigh your food in grams and log it accurately?

And here's a very popular flow chart that covers a lot of common issues.

sp0uwyqf4l4u.jpg

• Nimbkar
    Nimbkar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    thanks! I agree I need to be tracking those calories precisely starting this week
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    There is still a chance you have lost some weight and it just has not shown up on the scale yet. It is less likely if it has been a full month and the scale hasn't moved downward at all.

Your new plan to track your calories more precisely should help during scale lulls. I have them all the time but as long as I verify I am in a calorie deficit by weighing my food and making sure that the mfp entries I select match the label or the usda site my losses always show up eventually.

I am glad you seem to be taking this in stride. It is not easy to face disappointment and use it to learn a lesson instead of letting it throw you off. Nice work.
  • tnphelps13
    tnphelps13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Since you are working out. One thing you can try is a scale that also measures body fat. If your weight is the same and body fat is decreasing, that is a good thing. Body fat readings on scales may not be very accurate but if I am losing % every week I count that as a win.