Quiet cardio equipment?

Options
2»

Replies

• mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion for those who already have equipment and are guessing at how noisy or quiet it is: Download a free sound meter app to your phone and use that to check actual sound levels.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,455 Member
    Options
    Concept 2 rowing machine is noisy. Water Rower is a little quieter, but not what I'd call "quiet" (for apartment living purposes). Most bikes will be quieter than either. Don't know about other types of rowing machines.

What I do know about rowing machines is that many, many people use them incorrectly (most people I see at the gym, including some trainers!), and will likely struggle to get a good workout if that's the case.
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a spin bike and bought in when I lived on the 12th floor of a high rise.
    Its quiet and easy to move (small wheels on front of bike) but it is pretty big and doesn’t fold so it will take up a good amount of space.
  • 1972ChrisJG
    1972ChrisJG Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If it's wet and windy outside, or if i don't have a spare 3 hours then I'll go on the turbo trainer or do the next workout on the Tapout XT calendar. Otherwise I'll go out for a ride.
  • Jusomso
    Jusomso Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey. I was visiting a friend of mine recently and there were a few cardio machines there. At first I thought it was cool and trained for about 2 hours, but then I got tired of the noise of these machines. It was just unbearable and I didn't know how to get rid of this annoying sound. It was just unbearable! After that, I talked to my friend and he told me that he had known about this problem for a long time but did not know how to solve it. I soon advised him to find quiet equipment at https://fullquieting.com. There is a wide range and there is an overview for each model. This is a really very useful site and I found quiet home air conditioners there and now I can get rid of my old air conditioner!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I don't think my rowing machine (Concept 2) is all that quiet. Waterrowers are a little quieter, but I'd rather row a C2. No downstairs neighbors here, though.

I second this about the C2. I have a model B which is louder than the newer ones, but I have heard that the D isn’t exactly quiet either. However, I have a basement gym and no neighbors to worry about.

My arc trainer is very quiet though. It is by far my quietest piece of cardio (C2, summit climber, life fitness treadmill, cybex arc trainer, life fitness bike).