A new blogger/logging fan has arrived!

Options
Sand_TIger
Sand_TIger Posts: 1,074 Member
edited January 2020 in Introduce Yourself
I'm new to these forums and happy to meet everyone. It was a nice surprise to find out MFP had blogs - I run one already but it will be good to focus more on the health and fitness side on here.

I have about 90 pounds of fat to lose and 10-20 pounds of muscle to gain. I started lifting weights a little over a month ago and love it. I enjoy writing and supporting others as well as coming up with new(ish) ways to break down barriers. I'm on my 11th day of careful food logging. My strategy is to boost protein and fiber, limit (but not eliminate) carbs, and be careful around fat. I supplement this with weight lifting with barbell, dumbbells and kettlebell, walking, and exercises with stretchy bands.

I love cats, I'm a gamer, I sometimes do photography, I draw and paint, and I write. I also enjoy military/sci fi anime and bands like Iron Maiden, Hammerfall, Manowar, etc. I work in an office job that I dearly love.

So uh, yeah! HI! :)

Replies

• jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There is a pretty active community here with folks who are great for advice and motivation.
  • Sand_TIger
    Options
    Good to know! Just reading all the posts here is really motivating.
  • suzieqandspotty
    suzieqandspotty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here this month too. I was using another app for tracking, but MFP is great. Wishing you great success. Oh and I like Iron maiden too!😀
  • Sand_TIger
    Options
    Well, then, UP THE IRONS! Good to meet you. :)