Options
2»

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Oh, and I also (fairly often) "hear" someone call my name and wake from a sound sleep (or a doorbell occasionally)
    ...there's no one there

Lol,I used to wake up from the phantom doorbell.It hasn't happened for a few years.

Creepy right!
    I dismissed it as a dream, didn't get up to check, but kept wondering if it was real.

I wouldn't get up to check because it happened so frequently.I always wondered why.

I occasionally have the dreaded *can't remember your locker combination at school * dream .Also,the show up on the last day for exams when you haven't been in class all year.For Christsakes,I've been out of school for over 30yrs...still have nightmares lol.

A few times a year i have the dream where I realize I haven’t been remembering to attend an important class. It’s so interesting to me that it’s such a common phenomenon
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Oh, and I also (fairly often) "hear" someone call my name and wake from a sound sleep (or a doorbell occasionally)
    ...there's no one there

Lol,I used to wake up from the phantom doorbell.It hasn't happened for a few years.

Creepy right!
    I dismissed it as a dream, didn't get up to check, but kept wondering if it was real.

I wouldn't get up to check because it happened so frequently.I always wondered why.

I occasionally have the dreaded *can't remember your locker combination at school * dream .Also,the show up on the last day for exams when you haven't been in class all year.For Christsakes,I've been out of school for over 30yrs...still have nightmares lol.

Same exact dreams!
    Why is this a thing? Are our minds not unique?
    ...Uh-oh...now I'm wondering if we are all programmed...paranoia is setting in
  • Still_too_fat1970
    Still_too_fat1970 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

...there's no one there

Creepy right!

A few times a year i have the dream where I realize I haven’t been remembering to attend an important class. It’s so interesting to me that it’s such a common phenomenon

It's strange because I never worried about that stuff while I was in school.I rarely dream about work now;does that mean I'll have reoccurring dreams about forgetting my sign in or entering something incorrectly when I'm in a retirement home?
  • caco_ethes
    Options

...there's no one there

Creepy right!

Same exact dreams!
    Why is this a thing? Are our minds not unique?
    ...Uh-oh...now I'm wondering if we are all programmed...paranoia is setting in

Reminds me of my worst nightmare

Gonna see if i can find it in the dream thread
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i had a dream about my dad this past week. i haven't talked to him in 25 years nor seen him in 28.* he's an abusive alcoholic who physically abused both my mother and i, tried to strangle my mother when i was 17, and back handed me when i tried to get him off her. fortunately i managed to call 911 and the police took him away...he wasn't charged but then again - that was 40 years ago when spousal abuse wasn't taken seriously* he remarried and moved to another province. we have bad blood between us and he has never apologized. he didn't call me when my mother died nor even send a card. to give you some kind of idea of what an *kitten* he is, his FRIENDS from work came to my mother's funeral(!) and said *shame on him for not even acknowledging your mother's death*. he once said he couldn't look at me because i looked exactly like my mother. anyway i digress.... *sorry it's been a bit of a week here....*

the dream: i was at a party when someone introduced me to this train wreck of a young woman, who said she was dating my dad! *he would be 86 as this point*. i was furious to hear this and demanded she tell me where he lives. in the dream he moved back to my city.
    i felt so much anger, hurt, sorrow, need for revenge. the fury i felt on the way to his house was SO palpable! i pounded on his front door and i pushed him to the floor. i kept hitting him, punching him. yelling what a terrible parent he was, that he traumatized me and my mother, that his alcoholism ruined any chance to have a relationship with me, my children and my husband. i was crying and he accepted all my blows and anger. at one point i was shouting but nothing was coming out of my mouth.i woke up when my husband shook me and said you were crying in your sleep....

i will never see my father in his lifetime. i feel this dream was as much of a cathartic release as i'll ever have of his previous grip on my life. and for that - i'm actually grateful i had this dream
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    i had a dream about my dad this past week. i haven't talked to him in 25 years nor seen him in 28.* he's an abusive alcoholic who physically abused both my mother and i, tried to strangle my mother when i was 17, and back handed me when i tried to get him off her. fortunately i managed to call 911 and the police took him away...he wasn't charged but then again - that was 40 years ago when spousal abuse wasn't taken seriously* he remarried and moved to another province. we have bad blood between us and he has never apologized. he didn't call me when my mother died nor even send a card. to give you some kind of idea of what an *kitten* he is, his FRIENDS from work came to my mother's funeral(!) and said *shame on him for not even acknowledging your mother's death*. he once said he couldn't look at me because i looked exactly like my mother. anyway i digress.... *sorry it's been a bit of a week here....*

the dream: i was at a party when someone introduced me to this train wreck of a young woman, who said she was dating my dad! *he would be 86 as this point*. i was furious to hear this and demanded she tell me where he lives. in the dream he moved back to my city.
    i felt so much anger, hurt, sorrow, need for revenge. the fury i felt on the way to his house was SO palpable! i pounded on his front door and i pushed him to the floor. i kept hitting him, punching him. yelling what a terrible parent he was, that he traumatized me and my mother, that his alcoholism ruined any chance to have a relationship with me, my children and my husband. i was crying and he accepted all my blows and anger. at one point i was shouting but nothing was coming out of my mouth.i woke up when my husband shook me and said you were crying in your sleep....

i will never see my father in his lifetime. i feel this dream was as much of a cathartic release as i'll ever have of his previous grip on my life. and for that - i'm actually grateful i had this dream

It does sound like a satisfying dream in that regard.. I’m glad it has helped you.
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    @caco_ethes . i was kind of stupefied by it, but talking to my best friend *who has known my dad all her life also* said exactly what you said. i feel - oddly enough - at peace with that. and thank you... :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I dreamed that I was cliff diving in Mexico.

.... no water.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Worst nightmare was my boys were lost to me forever. I woke up feeling empty. Then I saw them and I felt such a sign of relief.

My best dream I was speaking with God in the most beautiful church I had ever seen. I can’t even put into words the beauty of the place.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I dreamed that I was cliff diving in Mexico.

.... no water.

Gah 😩
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My MFP wives talking to one another

Dream or nightmare?
    Daymare

MFP wives are rarely active at night.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    My MFP wives talking to one another

Dream or nightmare?
    Daymare

MFP wives are rarely active at night.

Haaa, good point
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I have a few reoccurring dreams that I've had for years. I am also a lucid dreamer often, so I have a sense of being in some control, even if the situation is 'set'.

Reoccurring lucid dreams:

One that I've had for over probably 20 years, morphing slightly, but the premise is the same. I'm moving dead bodies from place to place, to protect people I love. It's a stressful dream.

Another is me standing on the edge of a cliff to 'hell' and jumping in.

When I was younger, I had a reoccurring dream that I had a "magic carpet" and would be cruising around the world looking down at people, myself included.

Another is that I am 'dead' and live in the ocean, and have to lure people into the ocean (they die) so I can have time on land, only at night tho.

When I sleep in too late I often have "stress dreams" about normal life...like my coworkers are all mad at me, or I did something horribly wrong and grave repercussions are coming.

...there's no one there

We have very similar dreams (lots of blood, fighting, death, serial killers in my head apparently), except my "doorbell" is a crashing sound. It often occurs if I wake up with a headache.
  • Mileysoot
    Mileysoot Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Two years post graduation (Bach.) and I am having a recurring nightmare: midway through the semester I have a realization that I haven’t been attending one of my courses (usually math), like at all, and I’ve been dropped from the class. So I’m here, like, “oh crap I’ve got so much math homework.” Try to finish it all. Find out I’m dropped from the class. Ashamed of myself. Wake up with anxiety, like, “oh crap I didn’t do that one assignment in 2014”