AriesFL wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    How do points work?

Its the sum total of reactions on your posts. I’ve heard both that disagrees are added and subtracted so I don’t know which is right.

I thought that might be but that doesn’t add up to my points. So I gave up trying to figure out what it was lol.

Have you tried factoring in your credit score?

MFP is getting real personal. At this rate, it and me will start dating.

I honestly don’t know how you held off this long already

Makes the anticipation better in the end.

Some of us are too impatient for such things 😅
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I hate my body.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    I hate my body.

I hated my body after I had my first baby. I now have 4. I went from hating it, to accepting it. Do I like my body, not completely but I have accepted it and I'm working on the parts that I dont like. It really makes me sad when I read others saying they hate their body because that was me at one point in my life and I know the hurt that comes with those feelings. I've seen you around and you seem like a nice person. You're here to work on yourself and I hope that one day you get to a level of acceptance and know that if we both put in the work we can both get the bodies we want. Strong and healthy:)
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I hate my body.

I hated my body after I had my first baby. I now have 4. I went from hating it, to accepting it. Do I like my body, not completely but I have accepted it and I'm working on the parts that I dont like. It really makes me sad when I read others saying they hate their body because that was me at one point in my life and I know the hurt that comes with those feelings. I've seen you around and you seem like a nice person. You're here to work on yourself and I hope that one day you get to a level of acceptance and know that if we both put in the work we can both get the bodies we want. Strong and healthy:)

You have a great attitude and seem like a beautiful person.

I confess that I hate my life. I hate my job I hate my wife I hate my kids. Now do I love my kids because I have to yes. Kinda an oxt Moron I guess. But. I sure dont like them. They are just like my wife. Mean and nasty. I would so much rather just be single and happy. As for my job. I own my own company but I hate it. I use to be a police officer and i so miss it. Sorry just ranting.

I appreciate and respect your honesty
    No apologies, you did this thread right
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Glad to see this thread resurrected - miss OP :heart:

If you're still here, SHOW YOURSELF, you fun and sassy lady!

...I feel like I'm talking to a ghost! A much loved one anyways :heart:
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    I’m an introvert and struggle with anxiety. I’ve been working full time from home for years now, but just gave notice at my job because of horrible employee treatment. I got a good job offer yesterday, but the position requires me to work in office 5 days a week + a 30 minute commute one way to get there. This is wreaking havoc on me mentally and I’m not sure I’m going to take the job (I’m extremely lucky in that my husband has a great job and is able to support us while/if I’m unemployed- although definitely not ideal and requires tightening of the belt).

I feel very whiny complaining about this and having so much anxiety about it, but there it is. I wish I could control my stupid anxieties and such ... no judgements right? 😅

Are you excited about what you would be doing or would it just be a job?
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    I’m an introvert and struggle with anxiety. I’ve been working full time from home for years now, but just gave notice at my job because of horrible employee treatment. I got a good job offer yesterday, but the position requires me to work in office 5 days a week + a 30 minute commute one way to get there. This is wreaking havoc on me mentally and I’m not sure I’m going to take the job (I’m extremely lucky in that my husband has a great job and is able to support us while/if I’m unemployed- although definitely not ideal and requires tightening of the belt).

I feel very whiny complaining about this and having so much anxiety about it, but there it is. I wish I could control my stupid anxieties and such ... no judgements right? 😅

I’m professionally quite apathetic, so no I wouldn’t say I’m excited about it, but the pay would be pretty good and from the interview the people were nice and seem to love it there. But I’m afraid of it launching me into a mental tailspin, and I also think if given a little more time I could 100% find something comparable that would allow me to continue WFH.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

I’m professionally quite apathetic, so no I wouldn’t say I’m excited about it, but the pay would be pretty good and from the interview the people were nice and seem to love it there. But I’m afraid of it launching me into a mental tailspin, and I also think if given a little more time I could 100% find something comparable that would allow me to continue WFH.

I tend to use my own regret as a guide in situations like that. So would you regret passing it up?
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    I hate my body.

I’ve always been full and curvy all my life until the last 10 years my thyroid stopped working and I ballooned to the biggest I have ever been. I lost almost 100lbs but bc of my age and the fact that I have been round for so long my skin has no elasticity. No matter how hard I workout it just won’t go back. I have huge mirrors in my bathroom so every time I get out of the shower I’m reminded of it. It’s taxing. I am going to do something about it but last night was one of those lows. Thank you though for your kind words. 🌻
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    I hate my body.

If u both hate your bodies then Gimmie Gimmie gimmie I'll take them and love them and squeeze them 😋

Thanks made me laugh cause I imagined thiskb5stybcealf.gif

• mommabear4315
    Options

I have to drive 30+ to work everyday and I love it. You might enjoy it. I’ll put on audio books, turn up the radio full blast, unwind from to many people that we need a plaque and just be by myself. Hope things workout for you. 🌻
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    Options

I tend to use my own regret as a guide in situations like that. So would you regret passing it up?

I don’t know. That’s a good gauge to use though. I need to figure that out.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    Options

I have to drive 30+ to work everyday and I love it. You might enjoy it. I’ll put on audio books, turn up the radio full blast, unwind from to many people that we need a plaque and just be by myself. Hope things workout for you. 🌻

Those are really good ideas/points. Unfortunately the commute is 30 mins mostly due to traffic; that’s hard to relax in. But audio books are a good idea, should I accept.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    Options
    @caco_ethes @mommabear4315 thank you guys for putting your thoughts, time, and energy into your responses ❤️ I can objectively recognize that I am very lucky that this is the issue in my life causing me anguish.
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    @caco_ethes @mommabear4315 thank you guys for putting your thoughts, time, and energy into your responses ❤️ I can objectively recognize that I am very lucky that this is the issue in my life causing me anguish.

Hey that’s what we’re all here for to support each other. Have a great day!
  • caco_ethes
    Options

I don’t know. That’s a good gauge to use though. I need to figure that out.

I honestly don’t know if it is a good gauge 😅. I mean I certainly don’t tout it as such. But since regret is harder than anxiety to overcome (for me) then thats how i frame things a lot.

And just because you feel like having this dilemma at all is a sign of privilege certainly doesn’t make it less of a dilemma. You gotta take care of yourself. Anxiety is a beast