Dinner for the Night Shift Worker

Options
So ... I've been struggling trying to figure out an easy way to take a nutritious and filling dinner to work with me since I work nights til between 9 PM and 11 PM, and I also attend school in the morning. I need something relatively easy to prepare in the mornings or that I could do on Sundays for the rest of the week.

Any suggestions??

Replies

• bobbie228
    Options
    How about a nice chilli with lots of beansuse for meat ground turkey breast etc....You can do that in a crock pot on Sunday and then have it for a few days. You can do that with like a chicken tortilla soup as well. Some lean pork in the crock then pulled and just a bit of bbq sauce and a nice arnold's sandwich thin. I also love when I am pickin up extra shifts at work and I am forced through a midnight or 2nd shift I have steamable veggies on hand and I eat the whole bag....Usually about 145 alories and I am stuffed!
  • bbpurple1967
    Options
    Check out my food diary for today's dinner. I am taking that to work with me as I work from 4 PM to 10:30 PM. I am trying hard not to rely on frozen meals.

Do you have a microwave at work? I will post some ideas tomorrow. I need to get ready for work now.