Hello from the frozen north!

Options
Just wanted to stop by and say hi to everybody. I joined the site today having heard it mentioned at another site, and I think I will get a lot out of it. Looking forward to chatting with new folks, and tracking and sharing my progress as I go.

Cheers,

Alan

Replies

• BdaGolfer
    Options
    Just wanted to stop by and say hi to everybody. I joined the site today having heard it mentioned at another site, and I think I will get a lot out of it. Looking forward to chatting with new folks, and tracking and sharing my progress as I go.

Cheers,

Alan
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    Gee, I thought I had it bad (cold in Michigan), Canada must be worse (if that's at all possible). Anyway, welcome and stay warm!!!:happy:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Yeah, I thought ND was bad. Snow, snow, snow.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • BdaGolfer
    Options
    Gee, I thought I had it bad (cold in Michigan), Canada must be worse (if that's at all possible). Anyway, welcome and stay warm!!!:happy:

Well Michigan gets it pretty bad in the winter as well, so we can certainly relate there :laugh: At least most of the snow is gone, but it's -17C with the windchill tonight. Thanks for the welcome, and stay warm yourself!

Alan
  • BdaGolfer
    Options
    Thanks Lauramg,

I got my first bit of motivation tonight when I updated my diary and saw my calorie count for the day - it's a bit of a shock to see it right there. Made me leave the pie in the fridge, I'm going to have to earn that little piece :bigsmile:

Alan
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... And I'm writing from Alaska, so I feel you on the cold!!! I noticed that you do P90X, and you'll find that there are a bunch of us on here, myself included!!!
  • johnblake
    Options
    I'm hearing ya I hate the winter all the cold, It gets down to almost 30 in Florida, man that's like close to freezing:grumble: I think?.
    I almost had to put a shirt on the other day. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    come on summer:drinker:
  • triciarose
    Options
    Seeing the subject line, I felt like it was my introduction!

Greetings from Wisconsin! It is a balmy 9 degrees here tonight, or 6 below with windchill. It's a bit chilly out. (I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, though, we we Michiganders are tough!)

My name is Tricia, and I just joined on Monday. I am looking to lose some weight, and even though I have been on here for only a week, I am seeing the benefits of being able to have the cold, hard facts in front of me. For example, I had no idea how much snacking on empty calories I do. Yikes! That's got to stop...
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Hello too from balmy Alberta, Canada...-32 this morning..-5 this afternoon...crazy Canuks that live here!!! Only my second day on the site and am loving all the interaction, information and materials/tools to use...Awesome.:smile:
  • tuppence41
    Options
    Hi.... a warm welcome to you from florida :glasses:
    I'm sure you will have great success with this site....goodluck :flowerforyou:
  • MissResa
    Options
    I'm hearing ya I hate the winter all the cold, It gets down to almost 30 in Florida, man that's like close to freezing:grumble: I think?.

I'm really trying hard not to be jealous, but boy am I failing!!!:sick:
  • johnblake
    Options

lots of room down here, I'll be waiting on the beach, could you bring some ice for the cocktails
  • MissResa
    Options
    Just visualizing that makes me feel better, LOL... But I don't drink cocktails... I'll bring the Coronas, someone else has to bring the lime!!!
  • johnblake
    Options
    Just visualizing that makes me feel better, LOL... But I don't drink cocktails... I'll bring the Coronas, someone else has to bring the lime!!!
    no one has to bring the lime.............we just pick it right off the tree
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Welcome, Welcome to MPF. We all love it here can't you tell.

MissResa, how are you doing...I am dying for some sunshine. Today was so beautiful I wanted to go out and sunbathe...and then I got my senses back, put on my boats and coat to get the mail. 10 seconds of direct sunlight, and I can't wait for the summer.:laugh:
  • MissResa
    Options

Welcome, Welcome to MPF. We all love it here can't you tell.

MissResa, how are you doing...I am dying for some sunshine. Today was so beautiful I wanted to go out and sunbathe...and then I got my senses back, put on my boats and coat to get the mail. 10 seconds of direct sunlight, and I can't wait for the summer.:laugh:

Tell me about it!!! We were stationed in Hawaii for 3 years, and made the choice to move here to be closer to family-how insane is that?!!
  • MissResa
    Options
    no one has to bring the lime.............we just pick it right off the tree

You're making me feel worse, not better!!!:laugh:
  • Esperanzas4
    Options
    Hello from New York. We go back and forth between cold and not so cold.:flowerforyou:
  • Catherine10
    Catherine10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Noticed that you said you were Irish. I am going to Ireland in August and I am so excited we are taking a 10 day tour and staying an extra day in Dublin. I don't think I could be on a plane all night and then start the tour right away so wev'e opted to spend an extra day in Dublin. If you know of any spots we should see in Dublin I would appreciate the insight. This is my first ever overseas visit, my son is making a lifetime dream come true (the reality I am going is unbelievable.

I am from Alberta Canada and just think if we didn't have winter we wouldn't truly enjoy the rest of the seasons. An Albertan and wouldn't live anywhere else.