ALCOHOL and my diet?!?!??!

Options
i am a BUD LIGHT girl!! and i dont mean just 1 or 2. i know they are packed with callories!! what the best choice of a alcohol beverage when out on the town??

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i am a BUD LIGHT girl!! and i dont mean just 1 or 2. i know they are packed with callories!! what the best choice of a alcohol beverage when out on the town??

drink what you like, but write it into your calories for the day, and adjust the rest of your day accordingly. in other words "oh, tonight we're going to happy hour and i always drink 4 beers, so let me write that in now... and oh jeez, i can't have my whole sandwhich or half my dinner... maybe io'll just drink 3, and enjoy my dinner."

you'd rather eat your calories, especially in the beginning. alcohol has a lot of empty calories, and no nutritional value.
  • hmancias85
    Options
    true but im a bigggg drinker lol which i know is half my problem but when i do go out i dont want to starve all day. so i was wondering what smarter options are out there. im sure liquor would be better. maybe like vodka and sprite??
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    gin and slimline tonic?
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    How many beers are you drinking and how many days a week are you drinking? What is more important to you, the feeling you get from beer or meeting your goal and looking amazing?
  • Bamacraft
    Bamacraft Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    HUGE BL fan too. Ashamed to say how much. This summer i began buying some select 55. I'd have my BL and switch over after 3-4. If they are iced down really cold you can tolerate the 55s. If out in bars etc.. i'd say vodka and tonic. Mich ultra is so so..Stay away from most mixed drinks, many are higher in cals than the BL. And oh, i run an extra couple miles the morning of. Eat your whole dinner before drinking. It will slow you down and also reduce scewing up sugar, getting to drunk, hangover etc...
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Rum and diet coke; vanilla vodka and diet coke; vodka and soda water, not tonic. MGD 64 isn't the worst thing in history if you need your beer flavor.
  • Ricer11
    Ricer11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How many beers are you drinking and how many days a week are you drinking? What is more important to you, the feeling you get from beer or meeting your goal and looking amazing?

Chantal has made an important point, but it does help to have all options.

Check out http://www.getdrunknotfat.com/ for calorie counts of most types of alcohol. It looks like a 1 oz shot of vodka is somewhere between 60 and 80 calories, so add that to 6 oz or so of Sprite would be about 140 calories
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    HUGE BL fan too. Ashamed to say how much. This summer i begane buying some select 55. I'd have my BL and swith over after 3-4. If they are iced down really cold you can tolerate the 55s. If out in bars etc.. i'd say vodka and tonic. Mich ultra is so so..Stay away from most mixed drinks, many are higher in cals than the BL. And oh, i run an extra couple miles the morning of. Eat your whole dinner before drinking. It will slow you down and also reduce scewing up sugar, getting to drunk, hangover etc...

I used to be a BL drinker...even Bud Select is better calorie-wise and i personally find it better tasting...like the difference between diet coke and coke zero. I've found bud select 55 can be tasty with a slice of lime in it. And yes most bar cocktails have more calories than you would eat for dinner! Your best bet is clear liquor with diet soda/soda water. I love a good vodka soda with lime...and make sure to drink LOTS of water!
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Chantal has made an important point, but it does help to have all options.

Check out http://www.getdrunknotfat.com/ for calorie counts of most types of alcohol. It looks like a 1 oz shot of vodka is somewhere between 60 and 80 calories, so add that to 6 oz or so of Sprite would be about 140 calories

That site is a real eye opener as to how many calories alcohol has. No wonder I had gained so much weight so fast playing around with my husband!:embarassed:
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Sprite and tonic have too much sugar=calories. I get a shot or 2 of vodka with club soda and lime. Or a diet soda. Or just do the shots! lol
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options

Drinking my beet is more important, not gunna lie. I just kick my *kitten* at the gym first earning those drinks and shots
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to cut back on the booze if you want to see a real change in your health. Regardless of what you're drinking, if you're having more than a few drinks every night, you're not going to get mega results unless you're also working your *kitten* off.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you like Bud Light I'd go for Bud Select 55. It's got half the calories but also less alcohol.
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    NOOOO sprite and NO tonic. Tonic has calories like 90 calories for a 8oz serving, I made that mistake the hard way. I drink Stoli Raz and Seltzer water with a lime.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Drinking is part of my job. It sucks. I try to bank calories early in the day for drinks later on. I would rather not be drinking.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Maybe try wine, at least you will get some antioxidants!
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Drinking is part of my job. It sucks. I try to bank calories early in the day for drinks later on. I would rather not be drinking.
    I'll switch jobs with you!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Also remember that the alcohol slows down your bodies ability to metabolize fat for up to 24 hours. So for about a day after you have had a few drinks you are burning energy less efficiently than normal, which is a side affect you may overlook even if you are taking the calories into account.
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/

get drunk...not fat :)
  • elliecolorado
    Options
    I drink Bud Light or Corona Light. I know that hard liquor & diet soda would be fewer calories, but I don't drink hard liquor very much. I like drinking, I like it a lot... I could easily consume 1200+ calories a day in beer (which is part of the reason i gained weight in the first place) but I have found that burning off the calories ahead of time helps a lot. If I know I want to drink I work out extra hard and as many calories as I burn is the amount of calories I am allowed to drink that night (doesn't always work and sometimes i lose track of how much I drank, but it helps). :drinker: