Recovering from an eating disorder

Hi! I would love some support!! I’ve dealt with eating disorders for years. Last month alone I lost 22 lbs. I have a lot to lose still. Gained a lot of weight in the past for some major binging. I’ve decided I need to take control and lose weight the healthy way but I’m really struggling. I’m finding it difficult not to purge after eating. I feel guilty for eating 1200 calories. I really want to do this right but my minds just telling me to binge and purge. Anyone else dealing with similar problems. Please friend me if you are. I need support. Thank you

Replies

• I have binge eating issues myself and have had that problem for years. I'll do great and then I'll just go crazy for no reason and it pisses.me off:(
  • Friend me if you.like, maybe we can support.one another
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    Remember that when we restrict food we are saying to ourselves that we don’t deserve nourishment and food is love. That means the best advice is to work on your mental health and self love. Once you’re there you can accept that the rest is science. If you eat less calories than maintenance you WILL lose weight but you still need a base level of calories to live. There is no reason to feel guilty about your needs.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Sometimes it's okay to admit that you can't solve all of your problems on your own. You need professional help and there is no shame in that.