Chit-Chat AMA (Ask Me Anything)

KosmosKitten
KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
So, gotta question you want to ask but don't know who to ask it to? Or do you just want the strange opinions of a bunch of Internet weirdos on your favorite site to answer you? Ask those questions here! Hopefully, Chit-Chat will band together and answer you (but it might not be an answer you want or like!).

Can be serious or goofy; whatever you want.

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    How does one go about staying awake when tired... when caffeinated products have no effect?
  • DoomSlayer2020
    DoomSlayer2020 Posts: 66 Member
    When you find out that answer let me know, because NO caffeine products work on me anymore

• jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    Hairy men or bald men
  • KosmosKitten
    When you find out that answer let me know, because NO caffeine products work on me anymore

They've never worked for me. I do know some of us are wired differently and don't respond, but man.. I hate dragging like this all the time when I know I get decent sleep.
    Hairy men or bald men

Lol, I like hairy men myself. Bald men on a case by case basis because some men look quite scary when they shave their head.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Lol, I like hairy men myself. Bald men on a case by case basis because some men look quite scary when they shave their head.

How hairy, and what if I think I'm Batman?

BDLalxcCYAAje5q.jpg
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    How does one go about staying awake when tired... when caffeinated products have no effect?

Remain standing, open the windows or crank the AC
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX

Doesn't work. I've fallen asleep standing, and fresh air &/or A/C has little or no effect unless it's due to a heat or stale air issue.
  • JRE_Momof3
    JRE_Momof3 Posts: 47 Member

I used to take MiniThins. I dont know what is in those things besides caffeine but those things used to get me jacked. Haha
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member

Doesn't work. I've fallen asleep standing, and fresh air &/or A/C has little or no effect unless it's due to a heat or stale air issue.

🤷‍♀️ works for me
  • JRE_Momof3
    JRE_Momof3 Posts: 47 Member
    Hairy men or bald men

Can I vote for something in between? Lol
  • KosmosKitten

That's impressive. I can't sleep unless I'm laying down or in a super comfortable chair.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    How do I get my scaredy-cat to be more confident?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Hairy men or bald men

Love a man who doesn’t shave a thing but his head. So both?
  • KosmosKitten
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »

I used to take MiniThins. I dont know what is in those things besides caffeine but those things used to get me jacked. Haha

What in the world is a MiniThin?
  • KosmosKitten

How hairy, and what if I think I'm Batman?

BDLalxcCYAAje5q.jpg

You do you, boo? I don't really have limits on hairiness so long as you take care of it (and yourself).
    mtndewme wrote: »

Like.. a literal cat or is this like an personal anxiety thing you're talking about?
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX

That's impressive. I can't sleep unless I'm laying down or in a super comfortable chair.

Over time, I learned to sleep wherever and whenever I can as never know when you won't be able to. A life of being on call will do that.

Some of my friends, coworkers and even a couple of women I've dated have said they resent my ability to fall asleep at pretty much any time.
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Hairy men or bald men

Love a man who doesn’t shave a thing but his head. So both?
    Sounds a lot like moi, Blondie
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    mtndewme wrote: »

Like.. a literal cat or is this like an personal anxiety thing you're talking about?[/quote]

Literal cat, not open to interpretation 😂
  • KosmosKitten

Over time, I learned to sleep wherever and whenever I can as never know when you won't be able to. A life of being on call will do that.

Some of my friends, coworkers and even a couple of women I've dated have said they resent my ability to fall asleep at pretty much any time.

My husband can do that after decades of Navy life. He can sleep through anything and I've actually watched him fall asleep in many places and positions that not even my 8 year old would fall asleep in. :lol:

And yeah, we resent that ability! But I don't resent the circumstances that led your bodies to adapting to that. :grimace:
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX

My husband can do that after decades of Navy life. He can sleep through anything and I've actually watched him fall asleep in many places and positions that not even my 8 year old would fall asleep in. :lol:

And yeah, we resent that ability! But I don't resent the circumstances that led your bodies to adapting to that. :grimace:

It's interesting how the body can adapt to things. My father worked rotating shift work for most of his life, and he has such a hard time falling asleep. Even though he's been retired for 15 years, he still has to take medication to help him sleep.

Going back to your staying awake question, the best answer I have is to stay busy and focused on what you need to during that time as well as stay rested and sleep when you can. Caffeine has no effect on me either, so I can down energy drinks all night and still fall asleep (I blame it on years of drinking Mountain Dew while playing AD&D over weekend marathons as a teen).