Ground Turkey Recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Ground Turkey stuffed peppers is great!

made those the other day for the first time...delish...even the kids ate it.
  • LovingMyselfAgain
    Options
    bump
  • LovingMyselfAgain
    Options
    how do u make stuffed peppers?
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hey ground turkey is great! I haven't been able to eat red meat and fried foods since grade school ( now in my 30's) due to digestive issues. I substitute it in everything. If things get bland- add seasonings. It is wonderful in chili, spaghetti, casserole dishes, (not crazy about turkey burgers, though there are a few good recipes out there). Get creative. Some good recipe websites are bettycrocker.com and tasteofhome.com . I love them- look for lower fat options. I always buy the low fat ground turkey-which isn't much of a difference in taste to the higher fat option. Let me know if you need any other suggestions.
  • Katz721
    Katz721 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey + taco seasoning + tortilla wrap + taco seasoned rice + salsa + Chopped raw spinach + low cal southwest ranch or fat free sour cream + black beans + corn = A MOUTH FULL OF AWESOMENESS!!! =)

I love cooking with ground turkey, not only because it is so healthy, but because it is so CHEAP! Jenny O ground turkey "rolls" are only $1.oo. That's $1/lb.
  • biglegztwo
    Options
    Hi!

Just joined. My reciepe is for turkey burger. I usually add a package of Lipton's Savory Herb with Garlic, finely chopped onion and dill to the ground turkey. I serve it on onion roll with avacado as a spread. I mash the avacado up add a pinch of salt, lime and cilantro. I like my food to be flavorful. I used to add onion soup mix and garlic powder to my turkey burger but I tried the savory herb and garlic and it tasted better to me. My husband did not like ground turkey at all or avacado and he really likes this recipe.
  • Honeyjar66
    Options
    bump
  • Sweetplady
    Sweetplady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    2 - 4 cloves cut up chopped garlic
    1 lb. ground turkey
    1 Tsp. Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning
    Add 1 can stewed tomatoes
    1 small can tomato sauce.
    1 cup light parmesean alfredo sauce (like the kind made by classico or ragu)
    1 cup low sodium chicken broth.
    2 tbsp. light parmesean cheese.
    1/4 cup light mozzerela cheese

In a large nonstick skillet saute onion then add garlic until tender. Just cooked enough to make them sweat a little bit.
    Then add the turkey, sprinkle the Mrs. Dash and cook until done (browned).

You can use this pan If your pan is large enough or you can transfer the meat into a larger pot.
    Then add in stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, let cook for about 10 minutes. Add in the cheeses
    Eat.
    Makes 4 medium sized bowls. It's quick and it's good.
  • kellieprindle
    kellieprindle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas! I will definately try the stuffed peppers, and I had no idea there was a light parmesan alfredo sauce...gonna have to find that!! Thanks to all!

1628192.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • melsfitness
    melsfitness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    MAKE TURKEY PESTO BURGERS

1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
    2 tablespoons basil pesto or more or less to taste
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
    1/2 cup bread crumbs

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
    Mix together ground turkey, pesto, garlic, feta cheese, and breadcrumbs in a bowl until evenly blended. Form into 4 patties.
    Grill pesto burgers until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. These are so gooood!
  • corbansmom
    Options
    Bump
  • kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 45426gamble
    Options
    Turkey Burgers!!!!!!! Take ground turkey and add Lipton onion soup mix to form your patties... Nothing but heaven :smile:
  • mattysmom
    mattysmom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This sounds really really good...I just bought a ton of turkey for a b1g1 sale & I'm gonna try this on the weekend Thanks!
    Hi!

Just joined. My recipe is for turkey burger. I usually add a package of Lipton's Savory Herb with Garlic, finely chopped onion and dill to the ground turkey. I serve it on onion roll with avocado as a spread. I mash the avocado up add a pinch of salt, lime and cilantro. I like my food to be flavorful. I used to add onion soup mix and garlic powder to my turkey burger but I tried the savory herb and garlic and it tasted better to me. My husband did not like ground turkey at all or avocado and he really likes this recipe.
    [/quote]