High Blood Pressure

reesegrace1
reesegrace1 Posts: 66 Member
edited January 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
My blood pressure been checking high for awhile. I used to try home remedies to lower it like drinking celery or beet juice or beet root supplements.
My symptoms was dull headaches, ringing in ears, fatique, no energy & high blood pressure readings.
I finally went to the doctor about it, and he put me on blood pressure medication, right away, the next day my blood pressure dropped to normal & below. and i feel better now than i have in a long time, no more fatique or ringing in ears or headaches.
I have more energy now & just feel better all over, & relieved my blood pressure is down.
I weigh 228 lbs. and my high blood pressure have been related to not being active, poor diet, being over weight.
I need to eat better, exercise & lose weight. I am glad i feel better.
I used to think that i was just tired & fatique from being over weight, & working, i had no idea that high blood pressure was causing most of my fatique til i went to see the doctor.
With the blood pressure medication & my blood pressure being back to normal, i feel soooo much better.

Replies

• GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    I hear you! I too have high blood pressure due to excess weight, and my doctor put me on meds too. I've been consistently losing weight and exercising, and my doctor has reduced my daily dosage in the mean time. I hope I can get to a point when I no longer need the meds.
    We can do this! :)
  • reesegrace1
    reesegrace1 Posts: 66 Member
    I messed up & went to Texas Roadhouse last night, ate 3 rolls steak salad & baked potato & salted the potato & salad. Pluscame home & took an alkaseltzer before going to bed for indigestion eating all that My blood pressure was 130/76 this morning, the highest it's been since being on the blood pressure medicine this week. I got to do better than that, eating so much at those steakhouses.
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    Just a suggestion, try tracking your sodium intake for a few days, see what your average is.
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    I agree about feeling better on medication! I resisted for so long, and I with I hadn't. I did everything under the sun to bring my BP down without meds. I did supplements, followed the DASH diet, got active (running), and dropped my weight from 160 down to 143. I STILL had HBP. Thanks to both of my parents, mine is genetic. I am glad I made the effort to bring it down naturally as I'm much healthier overall, but it still killed me a little inside that I "failed".
  • NicbPNW
    NicbPNW Posts: 47 Member
    Can I ask what your readings normally were to be put on meds?
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    NicbPNW wrote: »
    Can I ask what your readings normally were to be put on meds?

In my case, 160/120 and higher.
  • darcyacraft
    darcyacraft Posts: 1 Member
    I know this is from a few weeks ago, but thanks for this post! My doctor prescribed BP meds at my appointment yesterday and I was devastated. All I’ve been able to think about is what to be able to do to lower it naturally, but this might’ve helped me realize that maybe I should try the meds to stabilize immediately, then reduce or discontinue them as my risk factors decrease. I’ve been so on the fence and honestly, meds scare me! It doesn’t help that my reading at the doctor’s office, the home readings in my cuff, and the readings at the pharmacy are all SO different! I still don’t really know what to do, but it helps to see people’s’ experiences. Thank you!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I know this is from a few weeks ago, but thanks for this post! My doctor prescribed BP meds at my appointment yesterday and I was devastated. All I’ve been able to think about is what to be able to do to lower it naturally, but this might’ve helped me realize that maybe I should try the meds to stabilize immediately, then reduce or discontinue them as my risk factors decrease. I’ve been so on the fence and honestly, meds scare me! It doesn’t help that my reading at the doctor’s office, the home readings in my cuff, and the readings at the pharmacy are all SO different! I still don’t really know what to do, but it helps to see people’s’ experiences. Thank you!

Take your cuff with you to the doctor on your next visit and compare. It will likely be slightly different but if it is off by a lot the nurse might be able to help you figure out why.

At the pharmacy if you were walking around right before you took it, it will likely be higher.

Here is a general guide for taking it at home:

https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/high-blood-pressure/understanding-blood-pressure-readings/monitoring-your-blood-pressure-at-home
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    I feel you. My husband has problems too and has had even when very young. It is being treated but Lord forbid he forgets his pills one day. :( For the natural method people: Clear it with your doctor first, of course... Hawthorn berry supplements can do it. This is the method my husband uses, because RX BP meds tend to limpify the male wedding tackle.
  • hhastings16
    hhastings16 Posts: 1 Member
    This is really helpful. I am also having a dull headache when I stand up and a bit of dizzyness. I know it's straight-up being overweight as my BP has been creeping up as I gained weight. It's time for a reckoning.
  • AnnF99
    AnnF99 Posts: 16 Member
    Cardiform capsules help me very well. This remedy is aimed at a comprehensive improvement of the cardiovascular system, vascular cleansing, improving blood circulation, etc. My expert approved the use of capsules, there is a very good composition. I completed a single therapy course and it was enough for me, I feel fine, the pressure is normal.